Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying in Dubai fold 5

(Topic created on: 26-12-2023 12:15 PM)
otto1987
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone, I'm planning to buy fold 5 in Dubai, does anybody know how is the warranty works, is it same like everywhere? new in Samsung family and curious if the warranty will work everywhere, example if screen will have some issue or hinge, can i replace it everywhere? could somebody advise? thank you 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
otto1987
First Poster
Options

I'm little bit scared of foldable screen, watched so many videos with the display issue. but same time i want to try the phone

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
First thing for me is that my Fold 5 has no issues. There are some that experience problems, mostly with previous models. But the Fold 5 has a different hinge design.
Warranties are only valid for the region that the device is from. So if importing a phone, expect to be refused warranty repairs
Also different regions sometimes have differences in software. So features available here may not be available in other countries.
0 Likes
otto1987
First Poster
Options

it says on the box, "made in Vietnam" 

plus I'm planning to use phone for a long term, at least 2 years.... so many cases with display issues. for sure hinge and inner screen has been improved, but is it ready for 3 years or more? otherwise I'll go for s23 ultra or 15 pro max. 💯 they can last 5 years 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@otto1987 

There are differences between the Samsung Gulf warranty coverage and that for the U.K./EU. For instance, 12 months coverage for Gulf vs 24 coverage for U.K./EU. Also, be aware that the respective warranties are only applicable in the regions where the phone was purchased. See the full warranty details for the respective areas...

Samsung warranty information for the Gulf

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/warranty/

Samsung warranty information for the U.K./EU

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They will be all mostly made in Vietnam.
But they will have regional software differences installed
Sometimes hardware differences as well.
Hence the specific model numbers for different regions
Think if I was going to spend that sort of money on a device I would get it from the region I'm using it in. So if anything happens at least you can have the warranty if needed.
Repairs will be expensive
I've imported many phones over the years and to be honest it's false economy. It's sometimes hit or miss with software support etc
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've been tempted by a foldable for a little while but so far have been put off by the (in fairness few) reports we've read on here.

I have the S23U currently, a beast of a device that does just about everything. If it could make a cuppa as well it would be about perfect 🤞
0 Likes
otto1987
First Poster
Options

thanks for honest reply, only phone when you don't comfortable to go and just buy it.... to not care about warranty, plus to choose right region😪 just to know here price for 256 gb is 1030 euros

0 Likes
otto1987
First Poster
Options

15 pro max 256 gb same price, s23 ultra slightly cheaper, so I'm stuck to choose right one

0 Likes