Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another broken scam phone

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 07:46 PM)
RobFoam
First Poster
Options

Another broken flip phone due to the glass cracking all through the seam. Sent it back and it is still under warranty. We'll, Samsung claims that is normal and not covered under warranty. They want $512 to fix it!! Nope not me. I have contacted Class Action Lawsuit lawyers in Philadelphia and they are extremely interested in all your complaints. Please reply to this post if you're interested in the details when the info is ready

168 REPLIES 168
mizcole
First Poster
Options

Hi I'm not in Philly, but my phone is doing the same thing & I would like to be informed & also involved....I never would have bought this phone, had I known. 

Samsung, is being disgraceful in business, this is why Apple customers stick around. 

TonyE1965
First Poster
Options

Hi there, same issue for me too, same problem with screen as everyone else, they told me this morning that the phone has physical damage which voids all warranty. The phone does not have even a scratch on it, I took pics of it before sending it to them. I asked for them to send me evidence of this physical damage and they said they could not because the damage was found with a MICROSCOPE!  A freaking microscope?? These people are absolutely nuts! I am refusing to pay the $518 to repair it and am having them send the phone back to me, so I can use it as evidence in a lawsuit. Could you send me the class action lawyers info that you mentioned? 

Drat42069
Apprentice
Options

They only changed me 230 to fix it. With the same story that the warranty was void. I don't know that any class action lawsuit was started yet. Maybe we should start one?

Sherrywilson1
First Poster
Options

I definitely want in on this had my fold for less then a month and they want 500+to fix it even with the useless insurance.please let me know when this is going

0 Likes
Steve1617
Student
Options

Most def interested in class action. I have had my fold3 fixed once with black line of death. Not two months later it's starting to happen again. SMH. Samsung is definitely doing all they can to not have to recall which means they have to make it look like it's all users fault. It's immoral and unethical. I've had samsung phones for the past 16 years. This is egregious Behavior and if we Let It Go they will do it again. Tired of big corps doing whatever the hell they want at aloud expense.  Class action!!!! IM READY!!!!

ShayBuck
First Poster
Options

I'm in! Same issue here! Nothing but problems with this phone $999 later!  Purchased my phone in December 2021.  Within the 1st day of having it I noticed that the rim on the left side of the screen was starting to lift.... My fault for not taking it in that day but because it is such a pain too have all my info transferred to a new phone I let it go and was able to cover it with a phone case.  Within the 1st couple months I noticed a glare when taking pictures.... I couldn't figure out what it was and finally realized there was a crack in one of the camera lenses.  An odd place for a crack especially with the cover on but because it did not affect my pictures, again I left it alone.  Now 7 months after having the phone, a crack along the fold developed.  I first took it into Verizon to see what they thought and was told to file a warranty claim because it was clearly a material defect.  They further indicated that they were aware that others were having the same issue.  I contacted Samsung who strongly encouraged me to send it to them so I went through the pains of transferring all my data to my old phone and sent it in.  Samsung responded that my phone was not in warranty (even though it has been less than a year since I purchased it) because the crack was caused by physical damage. I argued that I had not done anything to cause the crack across the screen ... It took nearly 2 hours and being transferred to numerous departments for them to tell me there was nothing they could do. I requested information to contact corporate and was given the following email.  Officeofthepresidentsea@samsung.com  I will be writing to them but  after reading all these posts I have little hope for resolution.  I requested they return my phone, unrepaired ... which I'm sure will be at my expense.  I have also contacted classaction.org  and I encourage anyone else with the same problem to do the same.  This is horrible business practice by Samsung and they have lost a loyal customer of many years as a result of their unscrupulous response to this matter. Please include me should something come out of your action!

Charlotte 2
Explorer
Options

Hello 

I have had the exact same issue with my Samsung z flip, they have refused to repair my phone to under warranty after having it for 3 months and i will be taking this further. i am in England and i will making a formal complaint to the financial ombudsman within the next couple of weeks.

Annoyedrob
First Poster
Options

I purchased my Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G phone in November, 2021. I was really pleased with it until mid June when I noticed a blemish on the crease...which started to grow in to a 'line'. It is now just over 1 inch long. I live in 'small town' Arizona and am unwilling to send it away as it is my 'lifeline'. I don't really know a lot about class action lawsuits, but as a long time Samsung Galaxy customer, (with no broken/cracked previous phone issues) I feel that something should be done about this widespread, ongoing problem. I would like to be kept up to date...thank you for 'listening'...

Bonziefresh
Student
Options

Please let me know what's going on! I bought my Galaxy Z Flip 3 in the U.S., and its still under warranty, but I am now a student living in Spain. I need to get my phone fixed and it not cost a fortune!!!!!

Bonnie

0 Likes
Colette5
Journeyman
Options

Jealous? Because your bathroom is outside......

0 Likes