Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The movie on Netflix plays for about 10 seconds before the picture freezes, while the sound and subtitles continue to run

(Topic created on: 12-05-2024 09:28 AM)
otrumb
Apprentice
Options

Dear Samsung,

As subject, the movie on Netflix plays for about 10 seconds before the picture freezes, while the sound and subtitles continue to run.

I checked this error happen only with Redemption movie on Netflix (https://www.netflix.com/vn-en/title/70262785), and some movies on Plex.tv

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue as I am? Pls help!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@otrumb: As the issue appears to be limited to certain Netflix titles, have you tried accessing the app on another compatible device to see if the issue persists? This will help to determine if the problem lies with the app on your S24 Ultra, or if it's a wider Netflix issue.

In the meantime, please head to Settings > Apps > Netflix > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, then press and hold the Side button > Restart. 

otrumb
Apprentice
Options

I've tried clearing the cache before, but it didn't work. I have tested other devices like the S23 Ultra, Note 20 with the same movie on Netflix, but they did not have this problem.

0 Likes
otrumb
Apprentice
Options

I think this logcat on that issue will help you findout

https://github.com/trungdn0401/tempha/blob/main/logcat_netflix.txt

I see this error message, I'm not sure if it is the cause:

LayerHistory: com.netflix.mediaclient/com.netflix.mediaclient.ui.player.PlayerActivity$_21513#4984 Max (can't resolve refresh rate)

0 Likes
otrumb
Apprentice
Options

How about this @AndrewL ???

I've tested this movie on a Samsung S24 Ultra at the Samsung Service Center, and it still encountered the same error. This proves that it’s a common issue with the S24 Ultra's operating system, or there might be a problem with the video decoder.

Such an error is unacceptable for a flagship device of the latest model!!!

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I might have responded to this or a similar thread earlier.

I'm in the Netherlands and have absolutely no problems with viewing films or series on Netflix using my S24 Ultra.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes