Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The answer from Samsung i guess

(Topic created on: 29-01-2024 04:21 PM)
MakeSomeSpace
Navigator
Options
I think we have to learn with these colors . So what are you doing guys ? Send them back or ? 😪
I hate the brightness and these colors right now 

25 REPLIES 25
garcea
Pioneer
Options
looks like i'm close to return it and move away from samsung.my fold 4 was much better
MakeSomeSpace
Navigator
Options
I think i'll go back to s22 ultra or s23 ultra . What a perfect phone it was if it had vivid colors
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

On its own website: S24 ultra There is the footnote 24 saying:

The Dynamic AMOLED 2X display on Galaxy S24 Ultra received a certification from VDE Germany for 100 percent Mobile Colour Volume in the DCI-P3 colour range, which means your images aren’t washed out and you’ll get unbelievably vivid colours regardless of differing levels of brightness. The display can achieve peak brightness of up to 2600 nits, improving the contrast between dark and light aspects of digital content for a more brilliant picture quality, with a 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio to make your mobile experience more immersive.

0 Likes
Suz1008
Navigator
Options
Well it's going back. Pathetic. They are talking rubbish when switching from vivid to natural makes no difference and adjusting advance rgb setting make no difference.
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The vivid and natural mode is a different issue. The vivid mode not changing is a software issue. They should fix that in a firmware release.

MakeSomeSpace
Navigator
Options
I know but they didn't say anything about it
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It is hard to know what goes on with their support people. They do not have enough knowledge very often. They are terrible. There is no debate on that.

However, people are complaining about washed out colours, because they toggle from vivid mode to natural and there is no change. I can only assume that the script they get for "wash out colours" is exactly that and they will never deviate from the script.

If people complains that vivid mode does show any difference from natural mode, they might get a different answer. By the way, I am not defending Samsung, I will not miss an opportunity to criticise them. However, it seems that this is a big misunderstanding. There is a problem with the vivid mode, but there is no problem with the screen. The first can be solved very soon with the first firmware upgrade, the second one would be serious disaster.

There are videos showing the S24 and the former phone, both in natural mode and the screen is very good.

My advise to any present owner would be wait for the first firmware upgrade which is not that far in the future. Of course, if they want to return it, it is also a valid solution.

MakeSomeSpace
Navigator
Options
I know and it's true but after 14 days we can't send back our phones .
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That is very true. It is a very important factor to consider. If any user is not happy for whatever reason the sooner they return the phone the better.

I am lucky/unlucky that my S24 Ultra is meant to arrive by the 9th, so I got that extra time to evaluate the issue and it is more likely that the first firmware upgrade will be within my first 14 days. In the other hand I cannot enjoy my toy now.

Samsung has the habit of producing over saturated pictures, screens, so the vivid modes usually is to vivid for me. I will be happy with a more natural look.

0 Likes