Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24U trouble connecting on 5GHz WiFi

(Topic created on: 27-01-2024 05:47 PM)
teh0wner
Apprentice
Options

Greetings all. Been having an issue with my freshly arrived S24 Ultra which is doing my head in and was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and/or knows of a fix.

At home, I have a number of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSIDs. Some combined, some not. For whatever reason, it seems the S24U will not connect to the 5GHz one(s). I can see it automatically tries a number of times (maybe 3-4) to connect and eventually I get a message that "connection has failed". I've tried absolutely everything:

* Factory reset S24U
* Restart router/access point (I have a Unifi Dream Machine Pro & U6-LR)
* Update firmware on both Router & AP
* Switch between 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz and combined SSIDs. S24U will only connect when it's 2.4Ghz
* Try WPA3 + 5Ghz (didn't work)
* Disable all SSIDs and leave only 1 at 5Ghz
* Enabled WiFi Safe-mode in Developer Options

I've dumped the logs as well but couldn't make much sense of them. One interesting line was: "Connect <mac address> <SSID> is FAILURE. cmid 0xc000003 reason 8 status 65529 (google yields nothing)

I've had S9, Note 10+, S22U, S23U with no issues. Nothing from the above helped with the S24U though. Appreciate the help. Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
Mo9894
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problems with mine. I am with vodafone and have a router that supports 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, and 6Ghz, but whatever I do, the phone will only connect for 1 minute and the disconnect again.
AK0804
First Poster
Options

Same here. I can only connect to 2.4g while tab s9+ has no issue.

Rachael77
Journeyman
Options
Same problem here....it's driving me mad
teh0wner
Apprentice
Options
Hoping its something that can be fixed with a firmware update and we've not received duds
0 Likes
Rachael77
Journeyman
Options
Sorted it - found a Google solution. Go into WiFi menu and intelligent WiFi and switch 'Turn WiFi on/off automatically to off. Then try and connect. I connected it fine. Then toggled it back on.
0 Likes
Rachael77
Journeyman
Options
Found a solution.... I'm now on 5 ghz
0 Likes
teh0wner
Apprentice
Options
Mine's already off 😪
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Mine seems to stay on the 5Ghz SSID. I'm with Virgin with their latest Hub (the one for the 1Gbps fiber). Both SSIDs have the same name. Screenshot_20240131_235030_Settings_1000016230_1706745030.png
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Maybe play around with the Connectivity Labs, there's quite a lot of info and diagnostics.
0 Likes