Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 22-02-2024 05:24 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

I'm not holding my breath.

Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

That doesn't help me; I live in the USA...

0 Likes
Louis Andre
Explorer
Options

Where is our U.S.A Update?  I thought it was supposed to be out today February 22, 2024?

0 Likes
Ultrakameha
Pathfinder
Options

If it's not out by tomorrow it ain't coming Saturday or sunday

Louis Andre
Explorer
Options

True!  It's pretty incredible that Samsung refuses to be transparent on this.  Maybe moving forward I get off the Samsung Platform I've been on since the NOTE 4.

T1Cybernetic
Explorer
Options

The update was definitely scheduled for the 22nd of february. You can see the date posted in this video at 50 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntHFVkVFlpk

Remember though, It's up to our network provider to release the update to us too and not just samsung, so we will get the update at different times from different network providers.

Signature removed by popular demand.
FM_91
Explorer
Options
No update in the UK yet, my phone is unlocked, but I'm currently on the EE network
0 Likes
mblueeyesr
Explorer
Options

what if the phone wasn't currently connected to a network you just bought it unlocked and never put service on it. would it never get the update? asking for a friend 🤔

0 Likes
T1Cybernetic
Explorer
Options

I'm honestly not sure. I'm not sure I worded my message correctly either.

I always believed samsung sent out the update to providers first, vodafone, ee, o2 etc for them to check, modify and or customise it, anyone who wasn't connected to a service provider would get samsung's original unedited version?

I could be totally wrong though :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

Signature removed by popular demand.
mblueeyesr
Explorer
Options

1000002943.jpg

yay I got the update usa.. thanks Samsung 👌 looks great now... love the vivid slider.. way to go.. keep up the good work glad I decided to stick it out!