Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 02-02-2024 11:05 AM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
dannejanne
Apprentice
Options

If a software fix for the grainy display ain't coming anytime soon I'm also returning mine before the return window ends. Display looks trash in low light. 

Bedr0ss
Pathfinder
Options

I just made the comparison with my old galaxy A8 which was a very bad phone, even it's screen is crispier and more colourfull

A8 top:

1000016279.jpg

0 Likes
Bedr0ss
Pathfinder
Options

It feels like there is a grey tint/filter all over the screen that affect the white and the vibrancy of the colours. I am so disapointed

Kortez12
Apprentice
Options

Clearly, the bottom picture is better than the top one. The colors are more natural and more realistic.

Kortez12
Apprentice
Options

Stop crying, it's a very good phone. After 2 days I cannot see the difference. 

0 Likes
Members_75k6FMZ
Navigator
Options

For which department do you work at Samsung? Psyops? If you don't want people to complain where they are supposed, go away. Jeez.

Stefan__M
Voyager
Options

So.. I live in Europe, Romania..

The OFFICIAL response from Samsung, via a Community Manager is the same script that has been shown here, that these changes were made, indeed, on purpose.. not a software bug, no deffect etc..

I responded to him and said that we didn't want this and we consider it a downgrade.. and a lot of people will be returning their phones. Also told him that they should have optimized the Natural setting and left the Vivid mode as it was. Give people the choice, don't take the choice away from paying customers!

I also told him that it would have been nice if Samsung would have said that it will be doing this, BEFORE we bought our phones.. not after!

So.. yeah.. i don't think a fix will be coming any time soon.. maybe down the line, if they see that people are returning a lot of phones because of this.. or they don't buy them, also because of this!

Damian667
Navigator
Options

is bs statement given by by every ***** in call center, they dident understund this issue at all. Its only to close mouths for the time they fix problems, and it means nothing. They have prepared answers like that for any problem.

0 Likes
Damian667
Navigator
Options

it was not intendent , this statement is about overall screen quality and not about missing vivid setting, they give it just to stop open big discussion to not kill sells. Its like this screen is better for you and they didnt see any issue coz is made better. It saying nothing about missing setting and brightness. For sure they work on this and that is reason why we didnt recive day one patch. We know now that screen is capable of delivering vivid colors and more brightnes coz some aps can force it to do it in hdr mode etc. So this is just software fault. Best thing to do is to sent them error raport in samsung app to push tem bit.

0 Likes
cheeky81
Journeyman
Options
Just received my new S24 Ultra, and I'm really disappointed with how the colors look really poor, does anyone else feel the same? I've tried swapping the screen from vivid to natural and it still looks poor.
I previously had the S21 Ultra and feel it looked better.