Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra screen viewing angles / colour shifting

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 06:28 PM)
guacjack
Apprentice
Options
Hey all

Ive found a youtube video which captures what im seeing on my new S24 Ultra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtyW2Av7rBI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5KXeTpUbac

When not looking perfectly straight the display doesn't look correct on white backgrounds. On my previous device this was fine but I've also checked a few in store and it seems they have the same issue.

Is this a known issue or is there a fix planned? Seems that every display is like this?
28 REPLIES 28
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
I have both s23u and s24u, the s24u white looks whiter than s23u,both have a certain color shifting when angles the display, the pixel 8pro(I had it for few days ,before the s24u) and the white was whiter than the s23u and it has a slight yellow/red colour shifting. It's all depending how the screen is calibrated to achieve the white. I always noticed that Samsung has a more cooler white than lets say Apple
0 Likes
Members_O4LQMyN
Explorer
Options

Yes, it is a problem. And I have bought 2 in same time during pre-order period so I can't believe that Samsung could sell Galaxy Ultra phone with a so bad display panel... It is just a joke from Samsung. I have worked since 30 years in computer and seen a lot of kind of display panel and never seen an OLED panel with this little viewing angle.

0 Likes
Members_O4LQMyN
Explorer
Options

I agree with you but it is the same on the S24 Ultra, blueish at little angle... You have to be infront else white becomes blue... I can confirm that my old S7 Edge hasn't this problem. It is like "first" TN display where angle was so bad...

0 Likes
Revonox
Apprentice
Options

I got my unit today and have the same issue. Even a slight shift in viewing angle causes the screen to tint intensely green-ish. It's present on my S21+ as well, but not nearly as intense and much warmer in color, so it doesn't get too noticeable and the angles before the shift happens is generally a lot more forgiving, as you would expect from White Angular Dependency. But on the S24U it's a lot more intense than on other devices I have/used to own.

Requested a replacement and will see if the new unit has the same issue, because my friend's S24U has it too, but about as noticeable (or not) as my S21. It's a real shame because in every other way the panel was actually really decent. Excellent uniformity, no green tint in the dark, etc. The display unit I saw at a store didn't have the issue either, or I didn't notice it at the time because I didn't test the eye comfort function. Either way, I hope it's not an issue with the matte coating on the glass, otherwise I'll have to skip a gen once more. 😞

0 Likes
Members_eCYb0cR
First Poster
Options

I know its not unique to the s24 series.

That doesnt take away from the fact that there is variation between different units.

I actualy just compared a few at a local store and one s24 in particular had near perfect viewing angles. Comparing them side by side made this very obvious. My s24 ultra gets a colder whitebalance when tilting it even slightly while that s24 stayed the same at all angles. Same with some iphones.

So knowing its possible to have great viewing angles makes this shift very annoying and a bit of a dealbreaker for me.

0 Likes
guacjack
Apprentice
Options
Was there any difference?
0 Likes
Members_O4LQMyN
Explorer
Options

I can't take you seriously too !
If you don't see it, please go to check your glass !

It's obvious !

0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No I don't belive it is. You aren't in the majority and if it's something that just hasn't stuck out to people by now, it's purely you.
0 Likes
Members_O4LQMyN
Explorer
Options

You can think what you want but I have had 2 S24 ultra and the same issue for viewing angle. Any other devices I have used, tested or seen with amoled haven't this low view angle... but in my case, they have been returned and exchanged with others problems, titanium borders completely scratched at delivery,a joke !

0 Likes
Peterkramberger
Pioneer
Options

S24 plus same provlem why!olways evrey body!say it cooting problem🤣🤣🤣

0 Likes