Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch causing timer reset.

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 06:19 PM)
AmbushReality
Journeyman
Options
Hey, so I've noticed something weird with my phone. When I set a timer with Bixby, like for 20 minutes, and then unlock my phone, the little timer thing doesn't show up on the screen. No biggie, I just pull down the notifications and see that there's 7 minutes left. But here's the annoying part: when I click on the notification to open the timer app, it resets back to 20 minutes! It's happened a few times, and it's super frustrating, especially if I don't check the notifications first. Even if I open the timer app directly, it still goes back to the full 20 minutes, and I have no clue how much time is left. It's like, what's the point of setting a timer if it doesn't keep track of the time? Has this happened to you too? 

Yo, just so you know, I totally changed the writing style to casual using the new AI feature. It's like, way different from my usual tone, but I think it's pretty sick. Check it out!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
smithy602179
Explorer
Options
I uninstalled it and reinstalled it today and it's seems to have solved the resetting problem

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
dazza4423
First Poster
Options

Same things is happening with my brand new s24+. I even changed to the google clock timer and it did the same thing. It is frustrating as I time everything to keep on schedule and with the timers resetting and not running it has been a disaster.

0 Likes
JD321
First Poster
Options

Same thing currently is happening on my phone. I'm going to call Samsung and see what's going on. I've never had this issue on any other Samsung device and I use this timer for lunch and breaks at work to keep myself on track and it's really making things tough.

0 Likes
LucidChange
First Poster
Options

I've had this problem from day 1. There doesn't seem to be a reliable way to set a timer on this phone. It's extremely frustrating. Hopefully someone has a solution for us! 

0 Likes
smithy602179
Explorer
Options

Seems to have happened after the last update in March.  I'm the same as you having to work to schedule for my driving breaks and it's gone haywire now

0 Likes
Solution
smithy602179
Explorer
Options
I uninstalled it and reinstalled it today and it's seems to have solved the resetting problem
Alberta Clipper
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem on my S20.  I set 2 timers, one for 4 hours, and one for 8.  Some time later (4 hours or more) the first one triggers, but the second one is waaaaay off.  I reset, deleted all the data (lost all my regular alarms), but it didn't help.  I just set the same 2 timers this morning, the 4 hour went off, but the 8 hour still had 7 hours and 25 minutes.  At this point, the timer is basically useless, and I'm losing faith in all the other Samsung apps on my phone.  Hoping to find a solution here.