Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra screen viewing angles / colour shifting

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 06:28 PM)
guacjack
Apprentice
Options
Hey all

Ive found a youtube video which captures what im seeing on my new S24 Ultra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtyW2Av7rBI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5KXeTpUbac

When not looking perfectly straight the display doesn't look correct on white backgrounds. On my previous device this was fine but I've also checked a few in store and it seems they have the same issue.

Is this a known issue or is there a fix planned? Seems that every display is like this?
28 REPLIES 28
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Its an anti reflective screen.

Not sure if it's because of that.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's like that on all Samsung phones. May I ask what your previous device was?

Also those videos look intentionally biased by using a raised brightness on one device over the S24 Ultra.
0 Likes
guacjack
Apprentice
Options
My previous device was an iPhone 15 pro max. But I've had an s23 ultra before and I don't recall this being a thing but can't confirm as I no longer have that device.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well I have a Note 10+ 5G, S21 Ultra and S23 Ultra as well my S24 Ultra, they all look the same at angles. But the real question is, why would you care? I don't see any scenario where that would ever be a problem.

These videos are created for one purpose, FUD and try to showcase anywhere a potential difference to the competition with no tangible benefits are shown.
Members_eCYb0cR
First Poster
Options

Well if you have your phone flat on a table in front of you for example. You get completely different colors then viewing straight on.

This probably isnt too much of an issue for people that just use their phones to get stuff done and thats it. But for people that are into color accuracy this is ofcourse a big deal as you can only enjoy it when looking exacly straight on.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you new to electronic screen displays? They all colour shift off angles. You're talking like it's unique to the S24 in general.
0 Likes
Members_O4LQMyN
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I have 2 S24 Ultra and the color shift is the same and the worst I have ever seen on Oled screen. My S7 Edge don't have this problem. On S24 Ultra, just turn the phone of 2 degrees or move a little your head and all white becomes blue ! I have compared to Xiaomi 10 Pro and others phones, they have only color shifting at high angle... very annoying for taking and viewing photos and video...

Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can't take you seriously tbh. If you think you see what you're claiming, just return the device. You'd think it being that obvious a problem you wouldn't buy 2 of them.
0 Likes
Ficaso
First Poster
Options

I bought 2 regular S24 in preorder (for me and my GF).  Both S24 have crazy color change from any angle. I am shocked. Specialy when we both have Galaxy Note 8 (yes 6 years of satisfied use) and there is not almost any color change from any angle. Note 8 has better colors in general and no color shifting from angle. When phone lays no table infront of you, it is very blueish. S24 is great in general but this is a huge downside. This is not cheap phone for 300 USD/EUR.

0 Likes