Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra Grainy Display issue/Grainy Diagonal lines in low brightness - software fix needed or replacement?

(Topic created on: 31-01-2024 03:22 AM)
AshWaganDha
First Poster
Options

Hey I've seen quite a few people report that they have diagonal lines in their display when brightness is around 25% or lower. I think it can be even seen in higher brightnesses especially with grey/dark colours. It absolutely ruins the experience and I am looking to return my device and not get a replacement if all models have this problem. Is something that can be fixed with a software update , or do I need a replacement?

You will see the grainy line effect for sure if you pull down you notification bar. I'm sure everyone has this problem, why isn't samsung addressing this almost one week after launch. 

Look how terrible this video is watching looks on YouTube, under low light looks like an old samsung galaxy s from 2010.

31 REPLIES 31
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This has been raised on recent threads @Adi0 

Samsung will be are via feedback via the Samsung Members App. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

chrismattamy
Pathfinder
Options
I am definitely not seeing an issue like that. My screen is nice and clear, whatever brightness level I use! I am starting to think the issue that is being reported is more of a hardware issue that only affects some devices (possibly a batch issue with some displays). I guess only time will tell. if enough noise is made something will be done. Samsung can't afford another duff device, especially after the Note 7 battery issue
0 Likes
Jam13
Navigator
Options
Same here, sorry to the people who have this issue, it's really clearly a problem on the photos people have posted but I can't see it in the screenshots, and it's not present on my phone (I've got mine set to Vivid).
0 Likes
LL2002
Apprentice
Options

It is a hardware issue that cannot be fixed. If you have this defect return your phone.

Check out this post by a display scientist going in-depth on what's wrong and why you should return it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS24Ultra/s/kVXJWeVDKi

Jefferson1807
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone!

I sent my device to Samsung Authorized Service; Samsung's engineering team is investigating the issue. I will provide you updates as soon as possible!

0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
Go in a total dark room,set your brightness to min and you'll see. Best thing to use this image i attached1707283429880.jpg
0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
Try to go in a total dark room ,set brightness to min, and use the image i attached 1707283583250.jpg
0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
The guy doesn't say anything about the anti-reflective coating, plus the photos of s24u display are missing from the post.
If this is true,and the first batch of phones have a faulty display,we will know for sure when the new batches are coming out and we will see some comparison between them.
0 Likes
chrismattamy
Pathfinder
Options
Still can't see any issue, but why would you go into a dark room and turn brightness down?
0 Likes
Members_dvCCitX
First Poster
Options

I also have this horrible lines and textures on my display especially if you guys open the weather app it's very visible there i am also attaching a. Screen shot have a look guys its a stairs type structure

Screenshot_20240208_051347_Weather.jpg

0 Likes