Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra Grainy Display issue/Grainy Diagonal lines in low brightness - software fix needed or replacement?

(Topic created on: 31-01-2024 03:22 AM)
AshWaganDha
First Poster
Options

Hey I've seen quite a few people report that they have diagonal lines in their display when brightness is around 25% or lower. I think it can be even seen in higher brightnesses especially with grey/dark colours. It absolutely ruins the experience and I am looking to return my device and not get a replacement if all models have this problem. Is something that can be fixed with a software update , or do I need a replacement?

You will see the grainy line effect for sure if you pull down you notification bar. I'm sure everyone has this problem, why isn't samsung addressing this almost one week after launch. 

Look how terrible this video is watching looks on YouTube, under low light looks like an old samsung galaxy s from 2010.

31 REPLIES 31
AgrMayank
Journeyman
Options

Really hope that's the case with these issues and not a hardware defect on such a massive scale.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
None that I see on mine. I do notice the vastly improved PWM rate though. Also the anti reflective screen is a huge upgrade.
0 Likes
AgrMayank
Journeyman
Options

Not everyone is facing it, and it's visible upon looking closer (as if you're seeing the individual pixels). I didn't notice the improved PWM in my day to day use tho.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'm not one to complain about PWM, but I was surprised how much effect it has for me.
0 Likes
AgrMayank
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, it's much more noticeable in really low brightness as flickering. It's a good thing they improved it but it's still way behind the competition.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I don't have that on mine set to vivid either
0 Likes
Members_NVIVlAI
Student
Options

Hello there, screenshots won’t show the problem because it’s a hardware issue. I had the same problem I spoke to Samsung they only apologised and said to return the device as this is

IMG_1569.jpeg

issue there some pictures of mine.

Members_NVIVlAI
Student
Options

It doesn’t matter what mode they are using. I tried everything but the diagonal is static and won’t go away! Restarting the phone, resetting it, changed every single setting there is just to find out it was panel issue a hardware one…

Members_He6BcFe
Journeyman
Options

It seems that they are not going to solve this issue as they are saying that screen is designed like this only. I was following the other thread on US forum, where they initially said that they are looking into it, but now they have changed it and saying that it's by screen design - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/S24-colors-washed-out-and-AOD-missing-options/m-p/279... 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

So gray scenes show grains and linear lines on the screen. Even on Reddit, try to look closer to see it, but the best is low brightness in a dark room. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.