Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra Grainy Display issue/Grainy Diagonal lines in low brightness - software fix needed or replacement?

(Topic created on: 31-01-2024 03:22 AM)
AshWaganDha
First Poster
Options

Hey I've seen quite a few people report that they have diagonal lines in their display when brightness is around 25% or lower. I think it can be even seen in higher brightnesses especially with grey/dark colours. It absolutely ruins the experience and I am looking to return my device and not get a replacement if all models have this problem. Is something that can be fixed with a software update , or do I need a replacement?

You will see the grainy line effect for sure if you pull down you notification bar. I'm sure everyone has this problem, why isn't samsung addressing this almost one week after launch. 

Look how terrible this video is watching looks on YouTube, under low light looks like an old samsung galaxy s from 2010.

31 REPLIES 31
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There has been similar threads @AshWaganDha 

It's really your decision to await a software update or ask for a replacement.

Have another look at the current threads to see if the thoughts and advice within helps any.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
utsav891
Student
Options

Hi AshWagandha, I am facing the same problem went to service center they said they are not aware of this. Not sure whether samsung will fix this issue or not. Below 25% brightness its showing weird diagonal pattern.

Screenshot_20240129_133203_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240129_110501_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20240129_133200_YouTube.jpg

GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Out of interest, are you set to the vivid or natural screen setting?
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@AshWaganDha & @utsav891 

I am sure that you are seeing the issue on your phone. However, it is hard to see it on those posted pictures. You might like to edit the picture and put some arrow to highlight the problem on the picture.

The first pic of the video looks dark and I can see some grey slush similar to videos with low resolution, but I cannot see the diagonal lines.

The picture of the Teapot looks absolutely stunning. Again you might like to highlight where the issue occurs.

I am watching these pictures on a MacBook pro with a decent screen.

All of. these can be attributed to teething problems that most likely will be solved with some software/firmware update.

Like @BandOfBrothers  mentioned, there have been other users complaining about this issue. Please report this through the members app. It is most likely that we will get a solution from there. The community forums will not provide any solution, other than owners confirming the issue or workarounds.

0 Likes
utsav891
Student
Options

Hi @Reylob, @AshWaganDha @BandOfBrothers @ Please find the images with highlights. Please let me know if you guys can see. I will share in samsung's members app. 

Screenshot_20240131_142136_Gallery.jpg

IMG-20240131-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240131-WA0004.jpg

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I don't see these on mine but have it set to natural...wonder if all this is related to vivid mode
0 Likes
AgrMayank
Journeyman
Options
A LOT of people (including me) are having this grainy issue. It's even present in all the store models I tried locally! Not sure what is going on here with Samsung.

You can see a TON of more posts in this subreddit regarding this grainy effect in display in low brightness in dark environments - https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS24Ultra

GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
Hopefully the software update will rectify any issues.
5ayf
Pathfinder
Options
I've had to send mine off for a replacement for the same issue. I'm really hoping mine was a faulty unit, and the replacement will resolve the issue. I'm really gutted as I was excited about this phone.
0 Likes