Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24+ Issues when in pocket

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Pete_Nice
Student
Options

I previously has a Pixel 6 and Pixels before I moved over to the S24+ and I never seemed to suffer this issue.

When I have my S24+ in my pocket it's getting up to a whole load of stuff. Screen grabs, app opening, emergency call initiation, settings changes etc.

I've turned on accidental touch protection but it doesn't seem to work that well. I think it's a result of not actively locking my phone before I put it in my pocket sometimes but I'm sure my Pixel 6 would auto lock when 'on body'.

It's pretty tiresome having to deal with it on a daily basis - I really like the phone but this is really letting down the experience for me.

Any suggestion on how to stop this from happening?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TechUncovered
Explorer
Options
Have you checked if touch sensitive is on
0 Likes
TechUncovered
Explorer
Options
If it is turn it off
0 Likes
Pete_Nice
Student
Options

Yeah it's off.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Pete_Nice: I definitely recommend tapping the Side button before you place your phone in your pocket, as this will reduce the possibility of any accidental button presses. You can also head to Settings > Lock screen > Secure lock settings > Enter your PIN/password > Auto lock when screen turns off > Immediately > Back > Lock instantly with Side button > On. 

0 Likes
Pete_Nice
Student
Options

Yep they're already set up - I just didn't have this issue with my Pixel 6 so I'm not really sure what's different in my usage. The only thing I can think is I'm so conditioned to having the lock button at the top that I'm missing locking the phone a lot of the time.

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I've the S24+ and I've experienced the phone dialing pad entering digits whilst in my pocket. Thankfully only very occasionally. I always make a point of either double tapping the display, or click the power button to turn off the display and lock it.
I'm using a PanzerGlass glass screen protector and find it incredibly sensitive though.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe the Samsung sensors are not up to the mark.

I also seem to have issues where the fingerprint sensor has apparently tried to activate while in my pocket and heating the phone up or me having to restart it sometimes.
0 Likes
Pete_Nice
Student
Options
I did some DIY the other week now it won't read 3 of my 4 finger prints - will have to rescan for the 3rd time in as many months
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ha ha. You will have to wait for your finger prints to regenerate 😬