Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a question I have

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
McCarthy
Apprentice
Options
Hey, I've heard that some of the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and S24 Ultra models have a problem where apps delete themselves. I'm getting the S24 Ultra directly from Samsung, so I'm a bit worried about it. How common is this issue, and what is Samsung doing to fix it? Also, I want to do a Smart Switch with my old phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Is it safe to do that? Does it affect the other models of the same phones in different countries not just in the UK how rare is it also some people have also said it happens when they restart the phone and then they're apps go
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Never had an app disappear on my S23U or any device for that matter. Smartswitch is quite reliable and I've used it on several occasions with no problems. However, nothing is 100% perfect and I've seen instances of problems using that method.

What I did on my last device was just set it up normally from scratch and downloaded the apps I wanted one by one. Yes, it's a bit more time consuming but at least I knew I was getting fresh apps. With the likes of contacts, etc, these are already tied to my Google account, so we're readily available as soon as I logged back into my Google account. My photos etc were backed up to Google too, so no problem there.

I also had a Samsung cloud backup, so I could use that to xfer stuff to new device.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
From my own perspective, currently owning both the S23 Ultra and S24 Ultra, if I knew then what I know now, I would stick with S23 Ultra, it isn't worth the upgrade.

I got my S24 Ultra came with a free watch, case, screen protector, £50 off and a higher than market rate trade in. Doesn't stack up otherwise.

I still think S23 Ultra is probably Sammy's finest effort to date.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

S24U is 64bit device so any app that is not 64bt compatible will not be working and will not transfer. App developers needs to fix their apps 

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've not had any issues with apps disappearing on either of my phones.
I guess there could be an obscure app or two that may not be compatible. But that will be down to the app developers to update the apps.

I use Smartswitch to transfer my information. But I don't use wireless transfer, I use the cable. Find it faster and more reliable.
Options
Hiya I agree with you there the upgrade is not worth it. I have the glaxy s23 ultra. But using the smart switch. But I not changing my Galaxy s23ultra until I have to
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I haven't experienced apps uninstalling themselves @McCarthy 

Personally I only use Samsung SmartSwitch to move my gallery over. 

The rest I move over by creating a back up on the original phone using Samsung Cloud. 

Then when I'm setting up the new phone I opt to set the phone up via the recently created back up via Samsung Cloud.

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's more than one question 🤣🤣🤣