Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New idea - Security - Samsung Unlock Bomb

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
phonetheone
First Poster
Options

whereas you have a normal login to your phone - eg code / face etc to access all features. So lets say your phone is lost / your held to ransom / Police etc are asking for your unlock code. The new Samsung code bomb feature (needs renaming of course) is just that - its a code you or they put in that wipes your phone completely.

fantastic security feature with many safety uses. 

eg Someone steals your phone, you can whatsapp your phone, the message will display 'eg unlock my phone with this code'.

thoughts Samsung

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Can't remember the last time I got held to ransom or tried to prevent the Police from accessing my phone. Think I'll just stick with my normal PIN number thanks....
OmegaMutant
Voyager
Options
Can't say I've ever been held to ransom... or even had the police ask for my unlock code (but I am a law abiding citizen 😆)
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Meh. Called auto factory reset. When set it wipes the phone. No code required. Pun intended 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A person can wipe there phone if lost however the police have their own software to be able to unlock phone's so in most cases wouldn't need a pin. 

That said any ideas to keep our phone's protected if they are lost or stolen is welcomed @phonetheone 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Google have just brought out that feature. Find my mobile etc
0 Likes
phonetheone
First Poster
Options

good feedback - but all incorrect lol (somewhat)

passcodes / faceid / etc the phone is all about security. Phones hold our life pretty much.

firstly theres a load of features on the phone you dont use anyway. this has nothing to do with 'findmyphone' - or 'auto factory reset'. this is about being able to wipe the phone with a code (factory reset does the same i agree but you have to go down that option). of course youll never know if youll be held to ransom, phone lost or phone confiscated. it may just save your data. 

0 Likes
phonetheone
First Poster
Options

try wiping the phone if your being held to ransom over the log in code.

0 Likes