Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 25-01-2024 02:33 AM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
Ak3
Navigator
Options
I know alot of you have already complained about the muted colours and vivid option not doing anything but I thought I'd do the same so they can fix it with a software update ASAP. I personally think it is a software issue because when viewing pictures in the gallery it's fine. Issue is on home screen.
Ak3
Navigator
Options
13 days? I thought it was 28 days. I don't know how long we got to send in our s21 ultra. If they don't fix this by then I'm returning this. Have you checked how your pictures look in the gallery? My display seems fine in the gallery, issue is with the home screen.
Nagarjuna22
Journeyman
Options
Especially at night, the dark mode gray color looks noisy or grainy. I can clearly see a paper-like screen protector in dark mode. Maybe my display has an issue, or everyone feels the same.
Billy_Hole489
Journeyman
Options
Got the same here, might be due to brightness/refresh rate?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes there has been a few threads about this @Ak3 

I would suggest to send your feedback via your Samsung Members App so Samsung can react. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Nagarjuna22  I'm wondering if it's something to do with the anti reflective display as the phone's no longer have factory fitted screen protectors. 

@Glenntech have you noticed this or can you have a peek at this one. 🤔 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GusB
Big Cheese
Options
14 days
Jam13
Navigator
Options
Yeah I've been photographing my Z Fold 4 ready to send it back for trade in, it's noticeably more vibrant then the S24U.
0 Likes
Clevo
Pioneer
Options
My S24 Ultra has a sort of 'grain' while viewing at night (I'm assuming it's due to anti reflective coating) and can confirm it does NOT have a factory fitted screen protector 😕
Erdeke
First Poster
Options

Coming from an S23 Ultra, the screen of the S24 Ultra is a big disappointment. Colors are much less vivid and contrast seems to be much lower. I tried every possible combination of settings, but the screen does not come close to the S23 Ultra. It may not seem important, but the lack of vividness and contrast really makes the phone feel like a step down. I hope Samsung fixes this soon.