Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S24 ultra grainy display

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 01:28 PM)
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
I have both ,s23u and upgraded to s24u because of the preorder deals here in uk.
I noticed few issues with my s24u's display:

1. A slight delamination at the bottom of the screen to both corners,exactly the same as s23u had(returned 2 units and the 3rd was perfect) 

2. Brightness on adaptive or not ,indoors, is lower than s23u' display

3. Muted colours on s24u,vivid mode looks the same as natural 

4.Grainy screen ,visible on low Brightness, especially on darker colours 

On the last issue(4), I took some photos where i had both phones on min brightness, on exact same grey background, in pitch black room, used night mode to shot the pics.

Both phones side by side and i straight away i noticed that s24u looks grainy than s23u.
The photo of s24u's display appeared not grainy, but it has some weird pattern, some diagonal lines(check photos) and 3 more visible horizontal lines.

Can you please check if your units has these issues, including delamination 

28 REPLIES 28
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you go into the Support Section on the Members App and leave feedback there for development teams to see
The-Turk
Explorer
Options

S24+, don't have the delamination but I do have the grains. Most noticeable on max extra dim, minimum brightness, on dark colors like you said. But it is there for all colors. It's static and doesn't fluctuate although I can't see lines like you do. I really hope that this is a software issue. I don't want to bother with a replacement. What a disaster.

Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
The lines appeared only on photo,because camera picked it up as with naked eye you won't see them, all i could see is grainy
0 Likes
umberto1979
First Poster
Options

Hi, which background did you exactly use? I would like to try to reproduce your issue on my device...

0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
This one1706635174503.jpg
0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
I return the s24u,mainly because of the delamination of the bottom 2 corners and today I received the 2nd s24u, no more delamination (there is ever so slightly, but nothing like the 1st s24u) and the screen is exactly the same as the 1st on, grainy and 3 horizontal lines(perhaps the display itself has them underneath).
The weather app has some weird squares, same as the first phone.
I will keep the phone , the screen is a step up from s23u or other phones and I'm sure an update will come out soon
0 Likes
AgrMayank
Journeyman
Options
A LOT of people (including me) are having this grainy issue. It's even present in all the store models I tried locally! Not sure what is going on here with Samsung.

You can see a TON of more posts in this subreddit regarding this grainy effect in display in low brightness in dark environments - https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS24Ultra

0 Likes
mraleximer
First Poster
Options

Many issues with S24U so far

ykeyre
Explorer
Options
I am having the same problem.