Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialpad Missing in the Phone App S24 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-04-2024 07:41 PM)
AmberL11
Apprentice
Options

I have an S24 Ultra. Whenever I receive a call, the dialpad just doesn't show up. So I switched the answering/ending call method to using my side buttons. But I need the dialpad to make outgoing calls that aren't in my contacts or in recents.

I've tried clearing cache and data in the phone app itself. I've also tried clearing cache partition, and when I do this it comes back up, but I lose it again after a couple calls.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there and welcome

This really sounds like user error. No offence

When a call comes in and you answer it, there are a number of icons on your screen. One is a square of dots. Click on this and you should have your dialler.
0 Likes
AmberL11
Apprentice
Options

lol No offense taken. Maybe I just didn't describe it well. So when I receive a call, I don't have the option to answer. At least not by using the dialpad that SHOULD pop up. I switched my answering method in the settings to just using the side buttons. But it's bothering me that I don't even get a dialpad.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You won't (get a dial pad) you'll get a red button or a green one.

Red to reject
Green to answer
0 Likes
AmberL11
Apprentice
Options

Ah. That's what I mean lol I apologize for not using the right terminology. And if I dial out, I don't get that screen that pops up with the red hang up button. It will ring, but my screen doesn't change.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you dial a number or select a contact, press the green button to dial out, you should at that point have a red button to enable you to cancel or end the call.

I have S24 Ultra and have just checked it again to ensure I understood your question.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
And once you have that red icon, you can click on the square of dots to bring up the dial pad you talk of.
0 Likes
AmberL11
Apprentice
Options

I just tried again and it just simply isn't there. My screen doesn't change at all. Again, it will change if I clear cache partition. But after a couple calls I have the same problem again. Thank goodness for the side buttons lol But I'd still like to figure this out.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like a factory data reset then I'm afraid
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @AmberL11 

Can you take some screenshot of what you get when on a call?

0 Likes