Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block mobile data for one sim

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
j a n
Apprentice
Options

hi

just got my S24 ultra (few hours). I have 2 sims. how can I block de s24 to use data from sim 1?

didn't get any problems with s10+

already put max to 0 MB but now I get messages that the max usages is reached.

jan

Jan
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @j a n 

Only the SIM set to data o the SIM manager can do data. If the 0MB you put it is on

Settings -> Connections -> Data usage -> Billing cycle and data warning -> Set data limit (toggle on)

Settings -> Connections -> Data usage -> Billing cycle and data warning -> Data limit (0MB)

Then you will be getting the max usage all the time. The Data limit should be set to data allowance of your mobile plan or few MB less, because the way the phone measures data might not match the way your network does it.

Settings -> Connections -> Data usage -> Billing cycle and data warning -> Data warning

Should be set to a good bit less than your data allowance. I have 20GB so I set it to 19GB. By the way, the Data warning setting is a phone only setting. It has no connection with your network.

If you want to set data limit to 0 for you main SIM, then you will need to turn off the the data icon on the drop down menu or on

Settings -> Connections ->SIM manager -> Mobile data (set to off)

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Only one sim can be active for data, etc. You can change the other sim to only use 3g under mobile networks

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Use these options and you can manually select which network data to use.1714684697254_1714684697248_0.jpg1714684706520.jpg
j a n
Apprentice
Options

OK Thanks both

Jan
0 Likes
Solution
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @j a n 

Only the SIM set to data o the SIM manager can do data. If the 0MB you put it is on

Settings -> Connections -> Data usage -> Billing cycle and data warning -> Set data limit (toggle on)

Settings -> Connections -> Data usage -> Billing cycle and data warning -> Data limit (0MB)

Then you will be getting the max usage all the time. The Data limit should be set to data allowance of your mobile plan or few MB less, because the way the phone measures data might not match the way your network does it.

Settings -> Connections -> Data usage -> Billing cycle and data warning -> Data warning

Should be set to a good bit less than your data allowance. I have 20GB so I set it to 19GB. By the way, the Data warning setting is a phone only setting. It has no connection with your network.

If you want to set data limit to 0 for you main SIM, then you will need to turn off the the data icon on the drop down menu or on

Settings -> Connections ->SIM manager -> Mobile data (set to off)