Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really not enjoying the s24 ultra camera

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
I skipped the s23 last year after consistently upgrading every year before , but every year the camera was a 'step up' it felt like year on year. So when I went to the s24 I was expecting massive improvements. I'm really not seeing any. 

My 13 yo son inherited my old s22 ultra and I'm constantly jealous of the shots he's getting compared to mine. Having the laughable AI optimisation on just ruins even the simplest shot, but even with that junk set to minimal (would be nice to have an OFF setting) it's still gross and blurry/blobby. I don't even seriously zoom more than 10x zoom as anything further is usually bad. 

Here's the same plane taken at the same time by me and my son on our phones. 

😵🤔
6 REPLIES 6
andynolan
Pioneer
Options
Totally agree. I also went from s22 ultra to s24 ultra and I'm really disappointed. There's been a couple of updates but nothing has changed. Would love to have my s22 back. I enjoyed taking pictures with it and looking back at them. Now I don't really take any.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I actually love the camera on the S24 ultra coming from the s21 ultra.

I find the 5x more usable than the 10x .

I have always championed for a good camera up to maybe 30x Zoom.

So far, I am enjoying the s24 ultra camera. Is it perfect ? No. But close enough.

I am more of a portrait shooter for reference, so that's my sweet spot.

Honestly even if the above s22 is better then the s24 realistically it's not much you can so with that photo then maybe some bragging rights like the endless moon shots.

How would you say your phone compares in other areas of the camera department?

I for one love that I can shoot 4k on all lenses now.
And the slow mo can be handy.
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Majorj0nny 

The Camera App needs some more optimisations and the Gallery app needs better syncing with the Camera App. They are intertwined and sometimes the way the photo is shown by the gallery is not a true representation of the photo itself.

The S22 has had two year of refinement, I remember the pictures suffering from lack of details even a few months after it was released. The S24 camera is meant to get another update by May or June. It needs a bit more "maturing".

By the way, I do have the S22 Ultra and the S24 Ultra. Could you be so kind to share the shooting modes on both phones? I would like to see if I can reproduce your results.

If possible Zoom level, sensor and camera mode.

0 Likes
Captainrapscallion
Navigator
Options
Yup, from what I saw on the Internet, I WAS very excited. But it does not feel different from other phones.
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
I went from the 21 ultra to 24 ultra, yes not a massive jump year on year but they are there. I think they presume folks will keep their mobiles longer as 1 year to another it feels like zilch has happened. Some buy it because they have to have the latest gadget, best to get a fair use of what you have then upgrade then you will notice it more. I have been buying since the Galaxy 10 every 3 years feels about right.
0 Likes
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
Did you both use the same lens & settings because they look vastly different & you were both at different positions affecting light too.
0 Likes