Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 Ultra - Overrated, rushed pile of *****.

(Topic created on: 16-03-2024 06:20 PM)
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options
I'm sure this will get deleted, cos the mods are weak. 

This phone really is the most overrated pile of ***** I've had. Left Xiaomi for this. 

Bad camera (very bad)
Lack of HDR 
Worst customer service 
Arrogant mods/PR 

Samsung will fall hard with this. Seriously. 
27 REPLIES 27
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That new Xiaomi is more expensive, looks worse and performs worse, so if that's your opinion of the S24 Ultra then you should be glad.
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options
It doesn't though does it. Check 99% of reviewers and you'll see it doesn't
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It crashes and overheats. Most camera comparisons, it's not better in most situations, just different and not always for the better. It's more expensive so for me there's no way I trade in a perfectly fine S24 Ultra for a similar but downgraded brand of product. And yes it is a downgrade, worse software and doesn't fit the rest of my products ecosystem. Shorter support lifespan with likely fewer updates between. If you're unhappy with your Samsung, just return it and get your Xiaomi.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung is an all rounder do it all kinda phone the way I see it.

I kinda like the portrait shots of the xiaomi, but there is where it ends.

There is no perfect phone out there

But there is a perfect phone for you depending on what lever rocks your boat.

Your money your choice.

I have debated between pixels and Samsung and chose Samsung at the end.

Some years I have had both Samsung and pixels as couldn't make up my mind.
NoCoolNameLeft4Me
Troubleshooter
Options

What reviews did you check mate. Every single review are pointing out that the HDR is way off in videos. The video recording is atrcious , especially on the selfie camera. Stabilization is quite outdated and the stead mode is stuck in 1080p. 

Battery drain is insanely high to the point that even the Chinese version with 5300mah is failing the battery drain test against most phones of its league. We aint mentioning here the overheating and the fact that it costs more than the Galaxy.

I am not a Samsung fan, as im here cuz i jumped ship from an Huawei to an Iphone and here now but lets give credit when its due: For now there are no phones or brands that do everything great. Some are better at somthing, like Honor with the pictures, Iphone with the videos or Rog phones with battery but non of them do everything great at an acceptable level, and here is where Samsung comes and tries to market their phones.

They are not the best in every category but do everything great, are consistent and reliable. If you buy one you are sure that in all categories it is gonna pack a punch, wont be #1 but not at all far from it.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Nofear I've had no issues with my Samsung phone however I respect your personal opinion.

This is the beauty of choice. 

You do you 👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Nofear 

The camera needs some improvements, the phone is young yet. Samsung should improve customer service as well. It fells short of what it is expected from a premium phone very often.

I do not know what you mean by lack of HDR.  The phone can do HDR.

Which mods/PR are you referring to? Mods on this forum? I have had bad experiences with Samsung support but mods in this forum have been very polite and helpful.

It seems that Samsung rushes the launch of premium phones every year. They should perform better from release date. However, it is logical that more bugs will come to light with a greater number of users. We all use the phone differently and bugs will get reported from a wide range of usage.

Samsung usually refines the software and catches the bugs. People tend to forget the inconveniences after the phone is working well.

This series has an impressive 7 years of major OS updates and security patches.

choccy31
Explorer
Options
Why do Apple users spend so much time coming to a Samsung forum lol
PaulM1
Options

I appreciate you taking the time to share your views, @Nofear, and I can assure you that Samsung takes all feedback onboard. Of course, the more constructive the feedback, the better.

Error Reports, direct feedback, and the various threads across social media and this Community and the regional variations of the Community help drive change.

The S24 Ultra is a brilliant device but, with a promised 7 years of software updates, it's in its relative infancy.

If you have any specific causes for concern that you'd like us to address, please feel free to send a PM to @Sam_UK, or feel free to liaise with our Support Teams here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Otherwise, thanks for your contributions and I wish you well with your new phone.