Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why is this icon appearing when I'm trying to adjust volume

(Topic created on: 18-07-2023 08:55 PM)
rlee22
Apprentice
Options
Hi guys. Not sure why but I have a little TV appearing where my volume icon should be, and while it's there it doesn't let me adjust my media volume, any ideas of how I can make it go away? It's usually only there when I have media output connected, but now its not going even when I've disconnected from everything 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As well as rebooting your phone as suggested by @Neo001  👍 if this does not resolve this then also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too @rlee22 

Please let us know how you get on with this.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Neo001
Legend
Options

Restart your phone. Any stale connection should get released.

Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As well as rebooting your phone as suggested by @Neo001  👍 if this does not resolve this then also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too @rlee22 

Please let us know how you get on with this.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

rlee22
Apprentice
Options
Thank you! Clearing the cache did the trick! I did restart my phone before I posted the query as that usually solves most issues, tbh this is the 1st glitch I've encountered with the s23u, couldn't be happier. Thank you!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm glad this has been resolved for you @rlee22  👍 

0 Likes
Cool Water Products
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. I tried the suggestions here without luck.

I ended up doing a force stop on the Spotify app and that fixed it. 

Do a swipe down from the home screen and see if anything is showing. I had Spotify 

0 Likes
pixiejess8
First Poster
Options

None of these worked for me 😬

I am listening to spotify on bluetooth earbuds and when using the volume buttons it raises the volume on the tv icon so I have to open the volume via the 3 dots at top and select Bluetooth and then lower or raise volume. So frustrating

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@pixiejess8: Are you connected to your TV via SmartThings or Smart View at the time that the issue occurs? If so, try swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, and check the 'Device control' and 'Media output' options to see if you're able to adjust your Bluetooth volume from here, or disable the TV media connection.

0 Likes
ZBSam
First Poster
Options

I am sadly still having this issue and having difficulty figuring out how to clear phone system partition cache. I did click the link provided and still confused

0 Likes
Beep1
First Poster
Options

For me it is when I'm running Spotify on my laptop. I went into Spotify and changed device to phone and it disappeared.

0 Likes