Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Stutter S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 14-10-2023 06:33 AM)
Mudassir7236
Apprentice
Options

Videos in mx player or vlc stutter A LOT because the refresh rate keeps jumping between 24, 30, 60, 120 during the video. Even if I set refresh rate to 60hz, then stutter still happens because it keeps switching between 24, 30 and 60.

My older A52s 5G worked perfectly fine because the refresh rate was always locked at 120hz.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Hudz
Voyager
Options
Oh that's a Samsung video feature let me find out what it is will tell you how to switch it off.
0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
Turn this setting off it came with an update to the camera. "Auto FPS" you full find it in the settings. Let me know if this works for you!Screenshot_20231014_080326_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
Mudassir7236
Apprentice
Options

I'm not talking about recorded videos, but any other downloaded video such as movies. And some people on reddit said this issue is also present on Netflix. YouTube is the only app that works fine.

0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
Oh in that case I'm not sure I've not had such issues. But of I'm honest with you most professional videos are actually recorded at 24 FPS you can't really play that in 120 FPS since there's not 120 frames to show every second, that might just be the actual video frame rate. Anyway if it not that either then I won't be able to help you.
0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
Unless your able to share a screenshot of the details section of the video your having problems with?
0 Likes
Mudassir7236
Apprentice
Options

Happens with all types of videos. Here's one for example.

Screenshot_20231023_021115_MediaInfo.jpg

0 Likes
Mudassir7236
Apprentice
Options

The only solution I've found is to use MPV, because MPV keeps the refresh rate locked to 120hz. But the problem with MPV is that it can't play HDR videos, so I have to use my older A52s 5G for HDR movies because it can play any video perfectly because it does not have adaptive refresh rate. If you set the refresh rate to 120, it always stays at 120, if you set it to 60, it always stays at 60. Which means zero stuttering.

Sad because A52s is an older phone and does it better than the newer ones.

0 Likes
Mudassir7236
Apprentice
Options

Just found out about an app called set edit, which can be used to force a constant refresh rate. This seems to be the only solution now. I even found some threads of people complaining about the same issue on older phones like S22, so this issue is quite old and Samsung still hasn't fixed it.

0 Likes
Onur Candan
Apprentice
Options

Me and my wife have the same problem with our s23s. What is the apps name? Is it "set edit"? And is it really works with this problem? 

0 Likes