Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to setup phone after forgetting password and doing a had reset

(Topic created on: 21-03-2024 02:58 PM)
Members_7DDaI2J
Apprentice
Options

Yesterday I was amending the pattern and pin to unlock the device and when it restarted the new pin didn't work. I managed to force turn it off then factory reset it. I now am unable to get it up and running because it is sending me a text I cannot get because the phone is not setup.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Members_7DDaI2J: When you set up 2 step verification, you will have received an email to confirm that the feature was activated successfully. In the body of this email you will find some backup codes which can be used in instances such as this, where you don't have access to a phone to verify your account. 

If you are unable to locate the email, then you may wish to try inserting your SIM into another compatible device so you're able to receive the SMS verification. Alternatively, you can change the phone number attached to your verification process, if this is more convenient. To find out more, please take a look at the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-change-your-samsung-account-mobile-number-u...

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Members_7DDaI2J
Apprentice
Options

Furthermore, 

I cannot get someone to help me and I've obviously haven't got a phone to make a call with.

I received a generic response to my issue to find, like the 2 "chats" I had previosuly, direct me to the main Samsung page.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you,

Dave.

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Members_7DDaI2J: When you set up 2 step verification, you will have received an email to confirm that the feature was activated successfully. In the body of this email you will find some backup codes which can be used in instances such as this, where you don't have access to a phone to verify your account. 

If you are unable to locate the email, then you may wish to try inserting your SIM into another compatible device so you're able to receive the SMS verification. Alternatively, you can change the phone number attached to your verification process, if this is more convenient. To find out more, please take a look at the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-change-your-samsung-account-mobile-number-u...

Members_7DDaI2J
Apprentice
Options

AAAH MAN!!!

You rock dude.

I've never used backup codes before so had no idea.

Without you I'd still be continuing my search across the galaxy to resolve my issue.

Thank you sooooooooooooo much

AndrewL
Options

@Members_7DDaI2J: That's great news! Glad I could help :smiling-face:

0 Likes