Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade In Issue

(Topic created on: 15-03-2023 08:16 PM)
Pidge999
Journeyman
Options
Anyone had any issues with trade in? I sent my S20 5G 1st March...it is showing as being in Royal Mail North West Super Hub since 6th March and not moved and now Samsung saying they'll lock my phone in 72 hours.

Not my fault that a 3rd Party has not managed to get the traded in device to wherever it needs to be.

It's my only contact to family, especially my mother who has dementia as I don't live near them. 

I've contacted Royal Mail who are going to look into but its going to take time. Any ideas??
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
unknown4now
Explorer
Options
If you were sending a phone worth more than £200 then you should of sent it signed for...not as a free service...it would of reached it quicker...also royal mail is shocking these days...
Pidge999
Journeyman
Options
It was Samsung's prepaid label 48 hour tracked service.

They offered 130 trade in so wasn't more than 200.
0 Likes
unknown4now
Explorer
Options
In any case...tracked 48 is valued up to £100 i believe as i sent mine...i did send it early as well...10 days prior deadline...it seems royal mail is doing something...
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung do offer two options to send a phone back with one free and one that you pay a small fee for extra piece of mind , however we are past that now.

Samsung won't lock your new phone trivially, but until the phone is in their possession the return of the phone remains your responsibility.

I appreciate that your reliant on Royal Mail.

You've made a good first step by contacting Royal Mail and I would also suggest to contact Samsung directly to appraise them of the situation.

The worse case scenario is that you may have to pay the reduction that was made in regards to the Trade In value to stop the new phone being potentially locked.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Pidge999
Journeyman
Options
Hi, yeah I'm happy to pay the 130 to ensure my phone isn't locked and then claim back from Royal Mail if it has gone missing or Samsung sort something if it later turns up but I need it sorting but will call Samsung on the number I have as I took a pic of the return note so have the number
0 Likes
Pidge999
Journeyman
Options
Just spoken to MTR who now have my reference, IMEI and proof of posting along with the screen grab from Royal Mail tracking showing it hasn't moved for 10 days and Hamish who I spoke to agreed it had gone missing and they'll sort a claim with RM and sort my phone not being locked so fingers crossed as all I'm reading is horror stories of people's devices being locked
Pidge999
Journeyman
Options
As of now, it appears that LOCK message has now disappeared. Fair play to MTR, I read horror stories in Trust Pilot and its all been sorted. Just called them, took a few days but for me I'd say whilst it was a ball ache, it just takes some time to get sorted