Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips & Tricks For Setting Up S23 series phones?

(Topic created on: 07-02-2023 01:34 PM)
AntS
Options

Got any tips and tricks you’ve found for setting up super-shiny new Samsung smartphones to get the best out of them that you'd like to share with your fellow Community members? Feel free to share them here!

I’ll kick off with the tip to have a SIM in the phone when you do the initial setup to prompt a “service provider” update... which should ensure you get the features, services and software updates that're relevant to you (e.g. stuff like Samsung Pay or Samsung Wallet).

16 REPLIES 16
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Synthboy 

What's being shown when you try to connect  ?

Is your router picking up your phone to connect to ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Synthboy
Student
Options
The phone says connection failed and basically says make sure your mac address is in the allowed list on the router ?
0 Likes
leanne1987
Student
Options
I cant set up samsung wallet, it keeps saying connection error. I've unistalled etc, any tips?
0 Likes
Members_emgDtAJ
Apprentice
Options

Hi there did you get this sorted?

I have a similar problem but States Service Provider Not Set.

0 Likes
leanne1987
Student
Options
No not sorted 😔
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

If what I'm going to write has already been suggested, my apologies.

I always make sure to have my Google account , Samsung account, and MS account login and password information when setting up my new phone.

My Dutch bank (ING) used to, by default, not allow transactions within 12 hours or so of a new device accessing your account.  I also encountered forgetting to turn on mobile payment the banking app on my S23 Ultra, fortunately it wasn't busy at the store and I eventually figured out my problem.

Most if not all of my passwords are stored in  passwords dot google dot com   It might come in handy to create a link in your browser pointing to that link.  (This is a free password manager and only requires you know your Google account login and password.)

I usually keep my older phone around for a few days to make sure I've brought everything over.  It seems browser links as standalone icons are not always brought over.  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'll add one more thing to remember to do.  

I've experienced this in the past where not all of my WhatsApp messages were transferred to my new phone. 

In WhatsApp, click on those three dots upper right corner, Settings, Chats and Backup your chats to your Google account. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case