Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The screen takes on a kind of green tint and the colors look washed out s23 ultra

(Topic created on: 10-09-2023 02:49 AM)
Gushigang
Apprentice
Options

While watching a YouTube video for a moment the screen turned to a slightly green hue and it looked like the colors were washed out.

I tried turning off the blue light filter and battery saver mode, rebooting the cell phone, and even installed the security patch on August 1, but the problem persists.

Mostly you notice this green tint and colors with lack of contrast when the brightness is kept to a minimum, and in some cases it is seen during animations or transitions between applications, since I have dark mode set on both the cell phone and most applications.

Is there a solution? Is it a hardware problem? Is it covered by warranty? Has anyone gone through that?

15 REPLIES 15
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Contact support via Samsung members app 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe you answered your own issue.

Try not to keep brightness below 30% . Turn off extra dim.

I have noticed it also drains more battery as the screen refresh is kept at 120htz if you go below those.
Gushigang
Apprentice
Options

so is it normal for the screen to lose contrast at minimum brightness? is having the minimum brightness constantly detrimental to the cell phone?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm not that technical. Just something I noticed about the battery drain when I used dark mode and extra dim as well. As you noticed it also probably gives the green hue.

Not sure if it's a bug or it is the way it is due to the amoled screen.
0 Likes
Gushigang
Apprentice
Options

I also read that article but I find it strange because a few weeks ago this "adaptation" did not happen, I bought the cell phone less than a month ago, is it worth returning it to Amazon?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately I can't advise you on that. It's your call if it bothers you so much.
There's no guarantee it won't happen on the next one.

May be hang on for a couple of days and see if someone else chimes in on this post.
0 Likes
Deadpool211
First Poster
Options
  • I also bought S23 Ultra 10 days ago and today suddenly it sharted showing green shades in low brightness and transition between apps. I also tried samsungs solutions: light mode, brightness adjustment and installed the update. It's still there. M feeling bad about buying this device now.
0 Likes
Glo29812
First Poster
Options

This happened to mine and I found this video and wala!!!! It works

https://youtu.be/kuqaq_E6In4?si=yk6yapcWaLpqu6Ly

0 Likes