Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen despite using official accessories.

(Topic created on: 03-10-2023 02:03 PM)
Apnomis
Apprentice
Options
I've found a crack in the side of my screen, about where the volume down button is that has spread hairline fractures across the screen. The screen itself isn't damaged. 

I paid the silly money Samsung ask for their official screen protectors and official 'rugged' case. Considering it is supposed to have the latest gorilla glass I'm a bit annoyed it has cracked so easily (wasn't dropped or crushed or mishandled). I've never had a phone crack before with 3rd party accessories. 

Samsung have just washed their hands of it because apparently they can make any claim about the strength of the glass and the quality of their screen protectors and cases, but once the screen cracks she warranty is void and they will even charge you to inspect it. 

Before I go through my bank insurance to repair it (£75 excess) I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem or successfully got a screen repaired under warranty if it uses official accessories and did not happen due to negligence or misuse? It was bought at launch with the accessories directly from their website. 
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Apnomis 

I use the official Samsung Screen Protector however this is tpu plastic so would only really stop scratches and not so much protect against an accidental bump. 

The Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector in my personal opinion would give greater possible protection. 

I use the Samsung Official Leather Black Case however this is minimal protection but gives greater grip. 

Even the Samsung Rugged case wouldn't guarantee that no damage would occur. 

The newer display Glass is better at stopping scratches nowadays however a break / crack can still happen.

Take into account these phone's have curved display edges which can in some people's opinions be a weak point in regards to a drop or other stresses to the phone. 

It's also conceivable that the glass had an imperfection in it. 

I'm in no way suggesting you've dropped your phone and I'm not making any suggestions in regards to how your phone has sustained the damage you describe. 

No phone's display isn't prone to damage unfortunately. 

Unfortunately the manufacturing warranty would not cover accidental damage which I'm assuming Samsung is saying what this is. 

This is why either Samsung Care+ or another form of insurance policy is recommended. Some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account too as your aware. 

Using official Samsung cases or screen protectors or 3rd party options in my personal opinion wouldn't have a bearing on how much protection they give the phone. 

Sometimes one can be unlucky and have damage occur @Apnomis 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Bmac2
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have just noticed exactly the same thing in exactly the same place despite using a screen protector, a case and not having dropped my phone. I have never had a phone screen crack before now. The phone was also bought new shortly after launch but from O2.

Apnomis
Apprentice
Options
You won't get anywhere with Samsung. Hopefully, you have insurance. To be fair, my bank insurance did a cracking repair (pardon the pun). You wouldn't know anything had happened. Since then, I bought a new 3rd party case worth a foldover screen cover. These are what I used to use and what I will only use in the future until the glass offers better protection against cracks and screen pressure etc.
0 Likes
First Poster
Options

That funny cause I will now be on my 3 replacement and everyone of them has cracked in that same spot no matter how expensive of protection I have used and even time it has happened by the volume button and spider web out across the phone 3 separate times now honestly what is the odds of that I love my Samsung but seriously 

0 Likes
Options
Hiya, I've got the same phone. I put 3rd party tempered screen protectors on my phone, and I changed them every 8 weeks or something
0 Likes
Options
I've just checked with sam.mobile. about this yellow tint. On some galaxy s23 ultra phones. And the problem is due to the softwear update. It will be sorted. Out
0 Likes
Options
Like that not because they crack but as they get a lot of ***** between the glass and the screen.
0 Likes