Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status bar size is the reason I'm going to return my samsung

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 12:30 PM)
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

I've had troubles upgrading from my s10e (2019) because all new samsung phones feel huge in my hand. Even s23 that i bought recently. Albeit being only a few mm bigger, the screen is significantly bigger. Moreover, some genius at Samsung decided that reducing the size of the status bar is a good idea since it gives more real estate. But now it makes a situation where a phone that is only slightly bigger than my perfect s10e is actually very awkward to use with one hand when you need to reach something at the top. Also, because of a smaller lip in the bottom - the keyboard is lower and i flipped my phone 2 times typing this text. *taking a rest, my hand is tired of typing*

I don't care about the screen size, i just want to use my phone comfortably. I don't care how much it costs. I don't like using a phone with two hands. And I'm returning s23 because samsung made bad decisions and didn't think about their userbase. I tried (returned) s21 and s22. 

I guess I'll give a try to asus zenfone 9 although i hate switching from samsung.. very sad that management at samsung can't do their job.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you downloaded and tried good lock? It's available to download from the galaxy store. It's great for customising your phone. Give it a try you may find some solutions to the issues you are having.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you not tried turning on one handed mode
Go into settings
Then advanced features
Turn on one handed mode
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
You can customise your keyboard using keys cafe from good lock and also adjust the keyboard size in the keyboard settings.Screenshot_20230325_182212_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20230325_182227_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20230325_182233_Samsung Members.jpg
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
You made the right decision as it doesn't seem like the S23 is the right phone for you. You may wish to look at other manufacturers that make more compact phones.

The things you have issues with are perfectly fine for most people, in fact it's desirable. Probably do a bit of research on YouTube to see if any other manufacturer offers a phone suitable for your needs. I find YouTube to be great for this kind of stuff.
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

One thing that may get overlooked is the size of the case as well.  A thick case can make a decent sized phone feel too big. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

Lol, I'm not r******d. Also i don't use cases, i can afford replacing a phone

0 Likes
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

I hate it. I don't see any reasons to use it. I use my phone only with one hand, I never use it with two hands

0 Likes
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

Keyboard - sure (although I'm not used to stretched keyboard, i just want it to be higher)

The status bar is smaller than in my s10e and this is not customizable for some reason. 

0 Likes
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

I didn't find anything there that could help. There was some mention of increasing system icons but no way to actually do it. But i installed a bunch of apps and saw 5 ads in Finnish when though I don't know Finnish (galaxy store is garbage)

0 Likes