Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status bar size is the reason I'm going to return my samsung

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 12:30 PM)
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

I've had troubles upgrading from my s10e (2019) because all new samsung phones feel huge in my hand. Even s23 that i bought recently. Albeit being only a few mm bigger, the screen is significantly bigger. Moreover, some genius at Samsung decided that reducing the size of the status bar is a good idea since it gives more real estate. But now it makes a situation where a phone that is only slightly bigger than my perfect s10e is actually very awkward to use with one hand when you need to reach something at the top. Also, because of a smaller lip in the bottom - the keyboard is lower and i flipped my phone 2 times typing this text. *taking a rest, my hand is tired of typing*

I don't care about the screen size, i just want to use my phone comfortably. I don't care how much it costs. I don't like using a phone with two hands. And I'm returning s23 because samsung made bad decisions and didn't think about their userbase. I tried (returned) s21 and s22. 

I guess I'll give a try to asus zenfone 9 although i hate switching from samsung.. very sad that management at samsung can't do their job.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

Why the duck all my replies are down there and not under the posts I was answering?

I grow to hate samsung. The bad finally overcomes the good. Bloatware, ads, bugs, sh*tty design, bad management. It's 2023 and you can't make a forum with branches?

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

"Lol, I'm not r******d. Also i don't use cases, i can afford replacing a phone"

I see, you're suffering from being somewhat of a douche. :smiling-face:  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

No, I just find you first message condescending. Do you really think that people around you are stupid enough to not understand that CASES MAKE PHONES FEEL BIGGER?

I said I've been trying to replace my phones for 2 years. You really think that a person without a mental disability would benefit from this deep insight? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@alexkatz: I appreciate that you are frustrated, as you want to find the smartphone that best suits your needs, but please refrain from using insults and expletives. It's fine to not agree with someone, but it's important to remain respectful so we can work together as a community to address your concerns. 

Smartphone displays, in line with market trends, have grown larger over the years as more people use them as a mobile option for gaming and media. It seems like an age ago that the term 'phablet' was used to describe a phone with a larger display, but this would seem to describe most smartphones on the market these days. I understand that this might not suit you, but I'm not aware of any plans to reduce the size of our phones, especially flagship ranges like the S Series. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@alexkatz I do hope as you continue your journey that you find a phone that best suits your wants and needs.

A big 👍 to all those that have passed on their advice in order to try and help you, who are fellow members replying in their own private time.

Take care.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

alexkatz
Explorer
Options

Again, the reason I returned my s23 was that IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE STATUS BAR. Even with root. Not possible. not a setting. doesn't exist. no such setting. the setting is not in the samsung phone. there is no such software setting. can't increase status bar. cannot increase status bar. Not possible to increase the size of the status bar. IMPOSSIBLE TO InCrEaSe ThE sTaTuS bAr. no possible status bar increase. increase status bar - nono. bad status bar size. user not allowed to increase the status bar. status bar = bad. bad settings. 
returned phone because the status bar was too small and I could not increase it via settings.

0 Likes
Restingwitchface
First Poster
Options

I recommend downloading Nova Launcher and using that instead of the standard UI, you can customize everything from icon size to font size and how many spaces your app drawer and home screen have. I apply it to all my phones, I like being able to do 6x5 icon slots instead of the cr*ppy 5x4 and you can change the look and color for everything. It's free!

Screenshot_20240103_210914_Nova7.jpg

Screenshot_20240103_210857_Nova7.jpg

Screenshot_20240103_210924_Nova7.jpg

0 Likes