Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMART LOCK

(Topic created on: 01-05-2023 04:22 AM)
Smudgiekins
Apprentice
Options
Trusted places menu NOT showing up and can't add my car and use Android Auto safely because the phone keeps licking up . 

There are other niggly and irritating things about this phone. I WISH I hadn't wasted my money & "upgraded" and traded my S20. This phone is inferior in many ways and a huge disappointment. Sadly I'm not sure I'll get another Samsung phone in the future. It's becoming an expensive gamble. You think getting an upgraded model is an "upgrade". Definitely not this one.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Smudgiekins 

The Samsung Galaxy s²³ series of phone's are certainly impressive and powerful device's so it's disappointing your far from being impressed with yours.

It appears from current threads on the Samsung Community Forums that this is a Google related issue. 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/smart-lock-settings-disappearing. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s23-series/smart-lock-disappeared. 

Hopefully this will be resolved by them with haste.

As for Android Auto unfortunately I cannot help as I neither use this app or drive.

Have you tried a forum or Google Search to see if you can find any resolutions. Apologies if you have.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MBagshaw15
Explorer
Options
Try connecting to your car via a wire for android auto
0 Likes
SlaveB
Student
Options

Thought the same thing. Din't know if it is about storage, but it is crazy how often I see rotating cirle when wanted to add files. Even my S pen is stucked, after one week.  Photos are brighter but on S20 was too until thay added nigntmode update. I shoot with ring light and for sure after that update all day was night 🙄. Took this phone, some new features, great, but overall after 3 years and for price expected much more. Even waited 2 months to purchase. Could give me that clock to make things right 🙂 Registered my phone, all required asked girly clock, to make my girl happy, but no answer after that. Even she is unhappy now 🙈  

0 Likes
Smudgiekins
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply, you shouldn't really need to have to do that. However, I did get a Carlink adapter, which bridges it, but it shouldn't be necessary to buy extra hardware. When the technology is actually there to do it. However I can now connect wirelessly if I want to. I can also plug into the connected dongle if I need to charge my phone. Otherwise it defeats the object of having air to air devices when you have to constantly use cables or 3rd party devices to connect things up.
0 Likes