Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Charging speed after update

(Topic created on: 30-03-2024 03:33 PM)
Set912
Student
Options

I have the s23 ultra and after this one ui 6.1 update the charging  is no longer super fast it's more like super slow I have tried different chargers and enabling and disabling the fast options and still very slow it used to only take 54 mins to charge from like nothing to full and now it takes 19 mins for 9% that's crazy something needs to be done about this 

1000006386.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So, how long does it take now to charge from almost nothing to full? From 91 to 100 taking 9 min is working as intended 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The last 15% charge to 100% is always slow to protect your battery.

This was the same both before and after update.
0 Likes
Psicomartin
Journeyman
Options

Now that's intriguing! In my case, it went the opposite side: my Galaxy S23 FE was charging slow on wireless charge but after the update, fast wireless charging works as intended.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Sammobile had an article out today regarding throttling of charging since UI 6.1 update, but they tested it and couldn't find any proof of this.
Set912
Student
Options

Well I also seen the write up on it after I posted this and I just used the 9% as a reference I have been at 15% and go to 100 in 54 mins  as to now it say 1 hour and 14 mins so it has been slowed down in my opinion they mention that the phone charges at 25 watts but I'm pretty sure the phone charges at 45 watts even the specs list that so again it's not adding up to me when I look at what is said and what is documented 

BATTERY

Type Li-Ion 5000 mAh, non-removable

Charging 45W wired, PD3.0, 65% in 30 min (advertised)

15W wireless (Qi/PMA)

4.5W reverse wireless

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I haven't noticed any slowdown when superfast and other charging 

0 Likes
Delicious78
Explorer
Options
Has anyone else's super fast charge disappeared? How can I get it back? Tia
0 Likes
Skottee1985
First Poster
Options

Slow for me as well since the latest update. It doesn't even say "Super fast charging" or give me the time until full charge anymore, even though both of those are selected on in the settings.

0 Likes
rbrowne81
First Poster
Options

Yea they're tripping my phone charges way slower than before that update. I don't like it at all. I've tried a factory reset and everything nothing works unfortunately 🤦🏾‍♂️

0 Likes