Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung trio promotion rejected

(Topic created on: 13-02-2024 08:51 AM)
NataliaCh
First Poster
Options
I bought Samsung s23+ from Mobile Phone direct and claimed the promotion. I have received an approval email, but couple weeks later my claim was rejected. The reason is "After auditing your previous claims across our promotions, we have found instances where the details provided do not match with records held by the retailer. As such we are unable to accept your claim"
Asked Samsung what details are wrong , they replied it is secure information. I think it is not fair as I send all they asked - invoice and IMEI. I've made one more claim and again refuse. 
I was loyal to Samsung but this is my last Samsung phone.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Promotions are not handled by Samsung. But third party companies that set them up.
They will generally have quite strict criteria that must be fulfilled in order that they accept claims.
It's also if the retailer is part of the promotion a one of the suppliers. Not all retailers are.
It could be that the invoice you submitted didn't have all the required information that they specifically ask for. Or the quality of the picture is not sufficiently good enough.
Also being one number out with the IMEI number etc.

Must read the terms and conditions very carefully, there's usually something in there that's missed easily
NataliaCh
First Poster
Options
I read terms and conditions. Everything was correct. I made a second claim with a new look invoice specially provided by the retailer. And again, rejected. Why not tell the reason? Why was my first claim approved and then rejected? No answers
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
The only things I can think of between previous claims and your current one are name/address mismatch, registered user mismatch. Have any devices you have previously owned or currently own been purchased by other people or registered by or to other people. Have any previous or current claims been in someone elses name (with or without your consent).
0 Likes
NataliaCh
First Poster
Options
Still not understand why the previous claim? This is a new product, a new promotion. So it is only one promotion for all rest of life? My previous phone purchase had successful promotion 3 years ago. Then my son bought a watch (with some promotion) for me a couple of years ago, and the claim was rejected with the same formulation - mentioned previous claim.
0 Likes
Members_ATUwHBE
First Poster
Options

Seems like a lot of people are getting caught out with these promotion offers. I purchased the S24+ with John Lewis, saying I will get a free smart watch 6 and they used the stock image of the 44mm watch (Black watch with green colored time) and not the 40mm image, but they sent the 40mm face watch, one that I didn't want.

Have spoken to both JL and Samsung and both said it's not their problem, in fact they both seem quiet pleased with themselves.

They first said they didn't use the 44mm stock image with the promotion but when I pointed out that I have screen shots they then said it was in the T&C. 

I think this is called Bait advertising, and it's appalling.

This will the last time I do any business with John Lewis and Samsung.

0 Likes