Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung/Spotify audio issue

(Topic created on: 14-10-2023 10:28 PM)
Rendroc
First Poster
Options

Problem. I'm listening to an audio book on Spotify and when the narrator makes a small pause in the reading at the end of a sentence where he goes goes quiet. The audio seams to drop out completely, there's a dead silence just for a fraction of a second. Its like there is a feature that cuts out the hiss noise in the silent bit. This however, comes on and off long enough to cause the word at the beginning of the next sentence to get cut off. 

This does not happen when I am listening on my laptop which is why I think its a Samsung s23 settings issue.

Example: (The Narrator reads) The cat sat on the mat. (he pauses then reads) The mouse was in the house.

I hear: The cat sat on the mat. (Slightly longer quieter pause ) mouse was in the house. 

The word THE is cut off in the second sentence.

This is annoying I can not listen to audiobooks on Spotify.

Any suggestions how I fix this?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Rendroc: Are you using a Bluetooth headset to listen to your Audiobooks on Spotify? If so, have you tried disconnecting it and listening through the phone's speakers to see if the issue persists? This will help to determine if the issue lies with the headset, or the app itself. In the meantime, please head to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your device to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Rendroc
First Poster
Options
Thanks, I was using old wired samsung headphones connected with a USB C to 3.5 jack adapter. I did as you suggested and found it working fine with the phones speakers and other headphones and devices. Not sure why it does this with the wired headphones set and the adapter.
0 Likes