Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 18-02-2023 12:14 AM)
Members_emgDtAJ
Apprentice
Options

So i got my shiney new S23+ upgrade with EE.

I got it on pre order and received a few days before launch.

All is fine except Samsung Pay.

Installs fine but when actually trying to setup it checks for availability and then comes up with Service Provider Not Set.

I have tried EE tech help, Samsung were useless and said wait for updates from EE or themselves.

Ive done 2 facory resets without any luck! Any ideas people?

Stuart.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Members_emgDtAJ
Apprentice
Options

I always get Samsung Pay from Google Play Store, may be worth looking at getting it from Galaxy store. I will try that.

**Edit Nope same message from Samsung Wallet. Service Provider must be set.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Not sure if ots same issue but I had problems using Samsung pay on S22U when Halifax issued a new debit card, kept getting messages saying not supported by your bank. I checked with Halifax customer care and they told me they and some other banks were only supporting google pay and apple pay moving forward. Samsung did tell me to try curve instead but that didn't work either so I use Google wallet now instead which has worked OK up to now. Hope this is helpful
0 Likes
BAFlyer
First Poster
Options

Just had the same issue with my new Z Flip 5. I fixed it by resetting the phone connections, not a full reset. I think if you do a factory reset, then import all you old phone data, you just perpetuate the connection error.  Having done this with the Flip 5 I now have a recollection I had to do the same when I got the Flip 4.  Make sure the connection settings are reset after the phone has been loaded with the dtat from your old phone, but before any other settings are changed or items are connected.  I didn’t, so had to reload my Samsung Galaxy watch, etc. all again.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes