Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 18-02-2023 12:14 AM)
Members_emgDtAJ
Apprentice
Options

So i got my shiney new S23+ upgrade with EE.

I got it on pre order and received a few days before launch.

All is fine except Samsung Pay.

Installs fine but when actually trying to setup it checks for availability and then comes up with Service Provider Not Set.

I have tried EE tech help, Samsung were useless and said wait for updates from EE or themselves.

Ive done 2 facory resets without any luck! Any ideas people?

Stuart.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, you need to make sure you've updated to Samsung wallet from the Samsung pay, from the galaxy store.
Also I know this sounds unnecessary but make sure NFC is turned on.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does your Banking people still support Samsung Pay  / Samsung Wallet @Members_emgDtAJ  ?

Does Google Pay / Google Wallet work as an interim payment option ?

There isn't alot of information online about this apart from one Reddit post and one reply 20 hours ago from another person experiencing a similar issue unless that's you replying  ?

I would also suggest to send feedback via your Samsung Members App too.

Would you let us know how you get on with this please.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you considered using Google Pay/Wallet in the meantime?
Samsung Pay won't work with my NatWest bank account. So I've had to use G Pay. Hands up, it works flawlessly for me.
0 Likes
BlitzKrieg97
First Poster
Options
Good Morning. I use Samsung to pay for 3 years and I didn't have any problems at all. Samsung pay what I know doesn't support UK debit cards so you have to download an app called Curve and sign in. When you'll go through set up you can add your debit card and after that, it should be an option to add to Samsung pay or Samsung wallet. You can keep NFC off when you want to pay. Barclays and Lloyd's cards work well.
0 Likes
Members_emgDtAJ
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply, I've tried many times reinstalling and still get same message.

Members_emgDtAJ
Apprentice
Options

Yes I am with Santander and I was using Samsung Pay on my old S21 ultra, up until 13th.

Google Wallet works fine and sets up great first time from new.

I've been on to Samsung and EE technical and have been advised to factory reset phone and still hasn't worked. Even when not even backing up from saved data.

0 Likes
Members_emgDtAJ
Apprentice
Options

Google Wallet works fine. Samsung Pay Just doesn't want to get past Service Provider Not Set.

0 Likes
Members_emgDtAJ
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Pay was working fine with my Santander MasterCard debit card untill upgraded to this phone. Just.wont get past first screen to set service provider.

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Use Google Wallet then.
0 Likes