Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Email

(Topic created on: 17-06-2024 11:43 PM)
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Received an update for the Samsung Email app today, but it still hasn't fixed the syncing notification issue. Come on Samsung...do better!
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The Samsung Messages App is regarding the app used to send and receive text messages @Robin999 

However ,I too am looking forward for this glitch to be rectified.

😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ahhhh yes, sorry, got a bit mixed up there between the two apps. I've edited out the Samsung notice.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Robin999: If you are receiving regular syncing notifications from the Samsung Email app, and would like to disable them, then please follow the steps below. 

1. Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Manage notification categories for each app > On

2. Settings > Apps > Samsung Email > Notifications > Notification categories > Email sync notifications > Off

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks Andrew. I'm aware of how to deal with the notifications, my post was more of a moan at how slow Samsung are at rectifying the issue.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Robin999: I have looked into this for you, and the official stance from Samsung regarding the sync notifications in the Samsung Email app is as follows.

"This is a normal occurrence of the Samsung Email app since recently being updated in accordance with Google’s policy change in the Android U OS."

With this in mind it is not likely that a fix will be applied, as it is expected behaviour, however you do have the option of disabling the notifications via the steps provided above. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks for the update Andrew.
0 Likes
Kazz7
Explorer
Options
That doesn't work sadly
0 Likes
Kazz7
Explorer