Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23U poor battery life android 14

(Topic created on: 10-11-2023 06:27 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
So me and a lot of others have noticed a decrease in battery life with the latest BWJM update. Is Samsung going to address this soon? Don't want to factory reset and it be the same. I would rather go back to 5.1 if I'm going to have to do a reset. My mum messaged me yesterday and noticed hers was draining quickly too. I've lost 2% writing this post. Definitely not normal.

10 REPLIES 10
jas123456
Pathfinder
Options
It is the update, I have the same problem.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

A lot of others plus myself have battery life following the update just as good as before 

Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Agreed. Haven't seen any change so the reality is that there must be apps running in the background using a lot of battery.
0 Likes
James21
Voyager
Options
No issue with my Ultra
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've notice a tiny drop in battery life, but nothing too significant.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'm back on 5.1 now. Phone is performing better, fast and fluid and battery life is back to been amazing 🤩
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

If there's a difference, I don't see it.

1000006027.jpg

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
asuradahk
First Poster
Options

how did you downgrade back to 5.1? I have the same battery issue and looking for ways to downgrade. 

0 Likes
Lesnar154
First Poster
Options

My battery life in S23 is also downgraded, Now i am getting around 4.30hrs of SOT.

So downgrading to ONEui 5

Process:-  1st download firmware from Sam mobile, pay attention to your country CSC

2nd Install it using odin software ( very simple process just google it)

Make backup using samsung switch before downgrading since it will fomate your device.

Remember that in samsung you can downgrade to what ever version till the Binary version remain same.( means you can not flash a firmware with lower binary version than currenly installed)

Binary version is written as SW in firmwares. Current latest binary version in 3.0 ( For android 14 & 13 same).

You will observe increase in performance and battery after downgrading since Android 13 is smaller and more efficient currently than android 14.

0 Likes