Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23U Feb update broke WiFi

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 04:14 PM)
Vetri
Voyager
Options
After Feb update WiFi has been unstable but it fails to connect back to WiFi anyone having similar problems?
9 REPLIES 9
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried to forget the SSID and reconnect and ensure auto reconnect is on?
0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
The only thing I haven't tried is reset which I'm reluctant to do. Frustrating
0 Likes
jjameagghjyuj
Explorer
Options
You shouldn't have to try using mobile data for a day or 2
0 Likes
TomJasp
Explorer
Options
Before you do anything severe like a factory reset, try clearing system cache...

Do this by (this is cut paste from a tmobile Google snippet). Start with the phone turned off.

This reflects my memory of old Samsung devices, including the Note 9 that I'm typing from (I'm in the UK and suffering from the early (2nd Feb) pre-order penalty... Hopefully mine will arrive on the new promise date of the 27th...so I haven't tested it) .

Good luck
0 Likes
TomJasp
Explorer
Options
Ps... I think the correct phrase is"cache partition"rather than"system cache"
0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Thanks everyone I did clear cache partition too. In the end, I connected to 5hz disconnect totally from 2.4 Hz and it works on now. Whatever I try it didn't connect back to 2.4hz now every other phone works fine but I'm glad at least it connects to 5hz
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Weirdly, I had WiFi problems before the February update (it would randomly say that my WiFi doesn't have internet and switch to mobile data, but as soon as I toggled WiFi it would just work fine for hours). I'm hoping the latest update fixes that.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you all tried disabling Google WiFi Provisioner?
I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with WiFi connections. I've disabled the Google app and my WiFi works great. Even with a weak signal.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am not having issues before or after Feb Update

I have had a solid connection at work and at the hotel I am at. I am overseas tight now, but that's should make no difference

Have you bounced your router?
0 Likes