Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Wifi

(Topic created on: 05-05-2023 06:52 PM)
Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
Hello All!

I've just got this phone and I'm having mega issues with WiFi... one minute it'll be fine and the next it'll be slow and I'll have to toggle wifi on/ off. I've tried rebooting the wifi router (Eero Pro 6) and factory resetting my phone, but the issue persists.

Is this a known issue and if so, does anyone know if a fix is incoming?

J
14 REPLIES 14
Coffeesurfers
Pioneer
Options
No issues with mine. I'd be weary of thinking the problem is with the phone and focus your troubleshooting efforts on your router...

... I've had mine for several months and it's a performance beast on and off the WiFi.

Reboots of your router are a good start, and failing that a factory reset of your router.

Also, see if there is any firmware updates for your router.

You nay also need to check if your router allows for splitting the 2.4 and 5ghz ranges, to then force your phone to connect to 5ghz.

Last but not least, see if you can assign a fixed IP address to your phone via the router.

Good luck troubleshooting 🤞
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you in the same room as the eero 6 pro when WiFi becomes slow or is it when you leave the room it's in?

I used to use the eero 6 pro and the WiFi was terrible unless you were in the same room it was setup in.
0 Likes
Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
It's anywhere in the house. I've done a quick search around and this appears to be a known issue. My S22 Ultra and my partners S21 Ultra has zero issues with the wifi and nothing has changed. It's definitely the phone.
Raaj77
Pioneer
Options
Try changing WiFi password and log in with new password, sometimes that helps
PaulM1
Options

That's strange, @Jimo2020, so I want to ensure that you get the optimal Wi-Fi connection on your S23 Ultra. I appreciate you've already followed a variety of steps. At this stage. I recommend that you head to Samsung Members > Support > Phone diagnostics > Wi-Fi.

This will let you see whether there's an issue getting the Wi-Fi connection, and that will inform the next course of action you follow.

There are also some helpful tips in the guide below (from our friends at Samsung US):

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/

Please let me know how you get on with this.

0 Likes
Coffeesurfers
Pioneer
Options
Hmmm I wouldn't say it's the phone per ce, have a look through my previous troubleshooting steps to see if some tweaking of the router allows for better performance.

I will admit that when I introduced my S23 Ultra to my Asus Wi-Fi 6 router it didn't play ball until I did the afore mentioned changes.
0 Likes
Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
I turned off all the intelligent wifi settings and the issue appears to have gone... bug report submitted to Samsung to look into
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Definitely an issue with the phone/software I get this issue all the time. WiFi will halt to nothing for a while unless toggled on and off.

It was reported as issue with WiFi 6 but I have been getting the same problem on 5ghz. It's obviously not my networking equipment and literally none of my WiFi devices have this issue.

There was a patch that supposedly fixed it but I still have the same issues with the latrst may update.

It's making me loose my mind as it happens fairly often and I just end up using my data.

If you Google it there's deffo a decent amount of people suffering from this issue, and it has been reported by some andoird news outlets.

Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
Yep, switching off the intelligent wifi worked for a short while, but the issue persists... really strange.