Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Shipped in Repair Issue

(Topic created on: 17-01-2024 02:47 AM)
NathanHHH
First Poster
Options

A week ago I shipped my S23 Ultra in for a screen issue.  The device is less than a year old and still under the limited warranty.  The screen was beginning to show some discoloring and it's always noticeable near the camera, when it is used for more than 10mins the entire screen starts to show lines and discoloration.

My main concern is that after sending the device in, they evaluated it today and sent me an email with the diagnosis.

Original Problem:
POWER - POWER - NO POWER AFTER UPGRADE

Problem found:
NO TROUBLE FOUND

Solution:
PASSED RF TEST - PASSED ALL FUNCTIONAL TESTING

They didn't perform the necessary testing about my initial complaint and I received a UPS notification that my device is being shipped back to me.  I've reached out to support via phone three times to try to stop the return shipment and I was transferred once or twice on each call, each was a cold transfer.  I've also reached out via chat and text but everyone is pointing fingers in other directions.  Looking to see if there's an escalations team or somewhere I can go to get this addressed.

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @NathanHHH 

I would have suggested to ship the phone with a cover note explaining what the issues you've found with the phone so the engineer could have made sure the phone passed those issues.

Really the Samsung agent you spoke to originally should have made these notes on your repair claim. 

Wait until the phone has been returned to you and look to see if those issues have been resolved or not. 

If the phone's in the possession of the courier then Samsung won't be able to stop the return process now. 

If required you'll then need to ship the phone back with a cover note explaining the issues in detail @NathanHHH 

When arranging the return ask the Samsung agent to put the notes on their system too,  and get them to read back what notes they have added for your own piece of mind. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

RajeevPR
Voyager
Options
I think they don't understand the actual problem, sometimes the issue like this never comes when it switched on and checks, it need to be get some time. So let the package come back, with a specific note on the issue send it back to them, so that they look into it
0 Likes