Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra - Security & Privacy settings change after restart

(Topic created on: 04-03-2023 03:45 PM)
Speechless
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

an issue I never had on any other Samsung phone, started on 23 Ultra. Each time phone restarts, few settings are being changed:

Security and privacy -> Other security settings -> Trust agents -> Air command (this one is being turned ON after each restart).

Google -> Personalize using shared data -> Other On-device Sources (all available sources are being turned ON after restart).

I've read other threads on issues like settings reset etc but nothing close to my problem. Did you experience anything similar? Do you know if there is any way to prevent it? I don't restart often but I'm not sure any more if there's any other trigger for such change, and going through every available security and privacy setting on regular basis would be... tiresome.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is there anything in the preference settings of these functions of the phone that you can look at and kr log into your Google Account and check that way @Speechless  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Speechless
Apprentice
Options

Thanks and sorry I forgot to mention - I didn't use any options that would trigger such behaviour, at least I'm not aware of any. I looked through the Air command and Google settings separately several times. At the beginning S Pen "was asking" for Unlock permissions, but I didn't grant them. I've run though app permissions, special permissions... nothing. I feel dumb and not really sure which setting could be related, therefore cry for help here.

Of course I'd expect to get some info on the conflict of settings, in case of any, but hey, smartphones do not have to be so smart :).

Btw, I'm quite confident all my settings are the same as on previously used Note20 Ultra (except for new features) and old phone never behaved like that. It's especially strange to me to see Google settings changing - I made no single change on my Google account.

0 Likes
Si30a
Explorer
Options
No nor did I I just kept losing signal and WiFi connection I hope the new update today solves this I've only turned off my wifi protect which has helped stabalise the connectivity but samsung don't have a clue what it is from what I've asked.. I hope this gets sorted for you
0 Likes