Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S23 Ultra: Please fix a scrolling issue - text bifurcates horribly!

(Topic created on: 10-05-2023 05:29 AM)
Nataliia_P
Explorer
Options

I've been having S23 Ultra for over a month already, and I just can't get used to such awful scrolling. Text and pictures are so bifurcate while scrolling. I do understand that neither pictures nor text cannot be focused and sharp when scrolling fast. But it's so weird when I scroll not fast or even pretty slowly, and the text still appears bifurcate until the scrolling process stops fully. It's so annoying + really hurts my eyes. I've never experienced such stuff before with my old (much cheaper) Android phones (the latest phone I switched from is OnePlus 8 Pro)...

I reached Samsung Support. They gave me, it seems, the only response they have for all cases on the planet - reset your phone to factory settings. Yeah, got it. The only thing is scrolling was like this from day one when the phone was free of my apps and with factory settings.

Maybe somebody knows, is it a hardware or software problem? 

11 REPLIES 11
Robin999
Troubleshooter
Options
There's nothing wrong with the scrolling on the S23 Ultra. Mine is very smooth. Check your Display settings and ensure motion smoothness is set to Adaptive(120Hz). If it's set at Standard (60Hz) then yes you can expect some blurring when scrolling.
Meshuggy
Student
Options

Just checked a few S23U in stores as I was planing to buy one. That was the first thing that I immediately noticed. Also compared to my iPhone 14P which also has it to some extent but not nearly as visible. Came here to check if others where also noticing it. Also scrolling felt off in chrome and some other apps.

Turning down the brightness is the first thing I do when checking devices in stores. Maybe that’s why I immediately noticed it. Felt like it throttled down its refresh rate after doing some intense camera testing. Chrome and the Google Discover Feed felt like it was at 60-90hz… the blurryness / smearing while scrolling became even more visible. This definitely made me NOT buy the phone atm.

0 Likes
pen2023
Explorer
Options
Natalia I have the same issue. Are you still having this problem. I contacted Samsung they told me to log an error report to samsung, who are looking into this. Is this happening on all apps for you or certain ones.
0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Another member had a similar issue.

Have a look at this thread to see if the solution helps @Nataliia_P 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s23-series/distorted-scrolling. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Nataliia_P
Explorer
Options

Hi @pen2023 , I saw your problem has been resolved :smiling-face: Congrats! Mine is still with me. Actually, it's been with me since the day I first took S23 Ultra in my hands. I'm even not sure whether this is a software or hardware problem hence what could possibly help to resolve the issue. 

In my personal opinion, Samsung Support is completely useless. I reached them twice due to the issues with scrolling and notifications. Both times they gave me a standard reply which is, "Reset your phone to factory settings". They even didn't ask when the problem occurred for the first time. In this case, I would tell them that I noticed this awful scrolling right away after turning the phone on for the first time when it was completely clean of any of my data. 

P.S. The advice that helped you, unfortunately, didn't help me. Remove Animations has been off on my phone this whole time. 

Nataliia_P
Explorer
Options

Hi, unfortunately, it doesn't resolve my issue. Remove Animations has been off on my phone this whole time. 

pen2023
Explorer
Options
Hi Natalia I'm sorry to hear that. It must be very annoying and nauseating for you that's how I felt. Maybe you should go Into store and let them see for themselves and they can do a diagnostics test. Would you not consider to reset the phone as a last resort. Or the other option is to hope that maybe after a few updates that are sent to the phone that might righten itself in the end. To be honest I had an update yesterday coincidently and after turning animations off eventually it fixed itself. Being under warranty they have to sort this out for you and fix this problem.
0 Likes
Nataliia_P
Explorer
Options

Yeah, I'm probably one of those naive people who still have hope that with upcoming updates the problem will be fixed :smiling-face:

pen2023
Explorer
Options
Do let me know if this fixes itself for you or what decision u make in the end. I hope it gets sorted for u.