Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra not charging via cable after recent android update

(Topic created on: 17-02-2024 06:45 PM)
shujath
Journeyman
Options

Hey, 

I recently updated my S23 Ultra which was working perfectly until the recent update. It seems whenever I open YouTube app and then play some video, after a while when my battery is low, I keep it for charging, but it doesn't charge. It has happened to me twice, last time this happened my phone was not charging and not turning on, I did some massage(youtube video hack) and it turned on and started charging.

After the recent update, it's not even charging via cable. I tried wireless charging, its working. 

How do we rollback the update? Is there a fix for this? Has anyone faced this issue?

26 REPLIES 26
kazucchi
First Poster
Options

Hello, everyone. Anyone got any details if they'll fix this s23 Ultra not charging issue or not with an update? Support just keeps suggesting the usual flow of troubleshooting and will end with going to a service center. Service center will probably suggest port replacement without checking software.

Additionally, I'd like to share that I was able to charge again with Super Fast Charging, but with a hassle, by unplugging the type-c cable from my phone, turning the phone off then waiting a few seconds and plugging the type-c cable back in. It starts charging at Super Fast Charging even when I turn the phone back on as long as you don't unplug it when it's on, which in my head thinks this couldn't be hardware if it works when I turn my phone off first. Hoping it will work for you guys as a workaround but I can't guarantee our cases will be the same. 

0 Likes
FIA1299
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same issue after the latest Samsung Updates on the S23 Plus. There is nothing wrong with our charging ports, I always keep my phones clean. Phone is randomly shutting down and not restarting and there is a few second delay when plugging in USB-C original charging cable. Samsung get your s**t together and send out a fix please.

sfindur
First Poster
Options

Agree with many others that this is a software glitch and NOT an issue with cables and chargers. Really appalled that Samsung is keeping silent about this. Where are the community moderators?

0 Likes
FIA1299
Journeyman
Options
update: i managed to fix this by clearing the cache partition. connect to laptop/pc with usb c cable > turn off device > hold power and vol up until samsung logo shows > release power button and vol up as soon as logo shows up> select wipe/clear cache partition from menu > restart
Deepanshu mehar
First Poster
Options

I'm facing same problem 

0 Likes
shujath
Journeyman
Options

Hi folks, 

I got my usb charger fixed when I visited the Samsung service center. They replaced the port completely along with the strip that connect to the board. I did this in India and it costed me around 2k INR. 

I wouldn't wait on updates,

• unless there is a new android version update for android 15 that essentially wipes and installs a new android, it will clean the cache partition automatically like @FIA1299 suggested.
  • or you could follow @FIA1299 steps without waiting on updates,
  • or head to the service center and get it replaced.

Hope the above helps 👍

FIA1299
Journeyman
Options
update: Unfortunately, wiping the cache partition was only a temporary fix...the issue has come back and phone randomly shuts down when plugging charger cable in and out during use.

Samsung please for the love of god send out an update which fixes this.

Thanks for the alternative solution shujath. Unfortunately i don't think everyone would be willing to go through the hassle of completely replacing their charging port 😕
0 Likes