Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra, How to turn off pictures Refining

(Topic created on: 12-03-2023 12:10 AM)
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys,
I'm facing issues in my newly bought Samsung s23 ultra phone, when ever i click picture on 200 and 50 mega pixel , it refines the picture, 
, which is when i go to gallery to check picture, for the first few seconds the picture looks normal but after few seconds the same picture gets dark, look like some kind of filter add on.
I'm not getting how to turn this refining picture option turn off , 
If any one knows the solution please help me.
60 REPLIES 60
VVK-8
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, but with S23+, and I found one detail. When I turn on flash in 50mp photo mode, it works as usual camera, without refining, but only with flash.

rustifire17
First Poster
Options

UPDATE: I used the Pro camera mode, up to 50mp and it didn't edit the photo after. I'm not sure why Photo mode does. Quite annoying. Pro is a good alternative though!

I'm having this same issue also and it's quite frustrating. I have tried every picture setting, keeping Image Optimizer off and that doesn't make any noticeable changes to the issue. The picture looks great before the uncontrollable edit happens. I didn't have this issue on any previous Ultra models.

vadimo
First Poster
Options
Same issue here but I also noticed strange camera switch when you try to focus on object usually indoors and objects on table
0 Likes
Ivana10
Journeyman
Options

Hello! I was getting crazy about this issue on my Ultra as well, but good news!! I have found the way to deal with it.  First you need to go to the galaxy store and download the Camera assistant app, you will only find it there, is not in the Play Store. Then, when in the app, you go to the "Camera speed", on the regular resolutions click on "Balance speed and quality" and on the High resolutions choose the "Faster post-processing" option and you are good to go!!! I was so frustated with this issue but finally sorted it out. I Hope this helps :smiling-face:

BesShkupi
First Poster
Options

This worked for me! Thanks

Ivana10
Journeyman
Options

@BesShkupi wrote:

This worked for me! Thanks

No problem!

0 Likes
pidgin
First Poster
Options

Thank you from me too!  The difference between 'Auto', 'Pro', and 'Auto' after applying Camera Assisstant is huge - the latter being the best of the three.  I'm not sure what Samsung were thinking with this decision.

s23.jpg

Ivana10
Journeyman
Options

No problem, Happy to help! Enjoy the awesome camera :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Bohobear
First Poster
Options

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Dayve
First Poster
Options

Edit: Do not waste your time resetting. I must not have realized that even with scene optimization off the phone was still heavily post-processsing. No change after a factory reset.

This was the first issue I ran into when using the S23 Ultra camera. I was able to resolve it by turning off scene enhancement. After installing camera assistant, the behavior returned. Uninstalling camera assistant did not change it unfortunately.

I tried your suggestion (also saw it in a YouTube video earlier) but I have no option for faster post-processing. It's as if the menu option was removed.

I feel the only way to use the 10x zoom now is to take a screenshot of the camera app, which is absolutely unacceptable. Two days of customization and setting up lost. I'm deciding between returning for a different model or resetting and hoping something else doesn't force me back into this spot. Manipulating images so heavily that they look fake should NOT be a default behavior.  See examples below for anyone who hasn't dealt with this yet.

Screenshot_20230707_180429_Camera.jpg

20230707_180332.jpg