Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra, How to turn off pictures Refining

(Topic created on: 04-04-2023 08:58 PM)
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys,
I'm facing issues in my newly bought Samsung s23 ultra phone, when ever i click picture on 200 and 50 mega pixel , it refines the picture, 
, which is when i go to gallery to check picture, for the first few seconds the picture looks normal but after few seconds the same picture gets dark, look like some kind of filter add on.
I'm not getting how to turn this refining picture option turn off , 
If any one knows the solution please help me.
61 REPLIES 61
topoftherange
Apprentice
Options
So just noticed that if you use a different mode like night mode it doesn't refine the photo..so only in standard camera in 200 and 50 mp..got to be a software glitch..
topoftherange
Apprentice
Options
Before and after the refining process...Screenshot_20230327_102634_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20230327_102703_Gallery.jpg
Anubis119
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I've missed moments due to the shutter delay (picture is framed and timed correctly before refining, then captured picture changes to half a second later and subject changes).

Refining also creates unwanted image-ruining artifacts. It seems to run the picture through AI enhancement and manipulates the end result to a worse looking image that looks computer generated. 

Camera should simply capture image data and save. Any "enhancements" should be opt-in only. 

This is a problem because there is currently NO WAY to turn off refining.

Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
Hi ,
Yes I'm also facing the same problem, on 200 and 50 mega pixel shots , i also contacted online Samsung chat help and over the chat Samsung guy told me to do some settings but nothing worked, soon I'll be going to Samsung store in London, will let u know, what they say..
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
i tried every setting to switch off refining picture option off, but nothings working, soon I'm going to Samsung store in London, let see what they say .
0 Likes
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

How about after the recent update to the camera assistant, when you go into "capture speed" and under high resolutions you change it to "Faster post processing"? To me it looks like that's made a difference.

Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
I'm still facing refining picture problem on 200 and 50 mega pixel on my newly s23 ultra phone
BavarianBarbarian
First Poster
Options

Hi there, 

i think i just figured out the problem, however there is no satisfying fix (to me). 

You can "disable" this feature, if you use Pro Mode or Expert Raw. The refining happens because you have ISO and all the other settings tied to auto, so it refines the picture in hindsight to accomodate the automatic functions. 

However in these modes you can't use the 200MP Cam. 

I also changed the format to raw so i can more easily refine the pictures myself afterwards. 

Hope this helps

thedodge
Journeyman
Options
I sent a few 12mp and 50mp photos to Samsung, all taken in bright daylight with phone clamped to study tripod and shutter release remotely by use of pen. All photos were over-sharpened by the phone processor, detail exaggerated and distorted, white halos around the branches and all other objects, and mid to distant objects losing all detail and looking more like watercolor painting blobs. Their experts couldn't see anything wrong with the photos other than that I had used the zoom in some of them! In effect, they admitted that using the zoom function causes image defects, and that the photos I sent them (with halos, over-sharpening, lack of detail, noise, etc) are what Samsung expects from the ultra camera. I shouldn't have believed all the 'superb camera' hype. Technically, expecting 200Mp on a tiny sensor and needing lots of pixel-signal amplification and processing to produce a decent photo is asking rather a lot, or too much - as it's my experience of the photo results I'm getting regardless of RAW or standard settings and adjustments.
Rajaibrahim
Pioneer
Options
True, same thing is happening to me, even i contacted Samsung and they tried some settings but nothing works , it's just so annoying, I'm planing to visit London store , but i know the staff can't going to help.
As i guess it's a manufacturing issue.