Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra glass

(Topic created on: 13-02-2024 03:50 PM)
JD76
Explorer
Options
I owned sn S21 ultra for a few years. Not a mark on it. I've recently got an S23 Ultra and I have a scratch on the screen. The phone has always been in a flup case since bought. Can anyone advise if the glass is softer on the S23 than the S21? I must admit I'm pretty peeved at this. Thanks
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It's not softer.
But certain types of materials in grit will still scratch the glass.
I always use a screen protector. Especially if I use a flip case. I find with the movement of the flip part on the screen, I always got some scratches.

It's glass, whatever the names they use. It will still scratch and break
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
S21 is Gorilla glass victus, s23 is Gorilla glass victus 2....s23 is supposes to be a harder glass to scratch
0 Likes
JD76
Explorer
Options
Thanks, Glenntech. What protectors do you use please. I'm just annoyed, that's all. All these years developing screens and still can't come up with one that is scratch resistant. Thanks
0 Likes
JD76
Explorer
Options
Thanks RD. I can't understand how it happened. Can only assume piece of grit got caught between case and screen. I know one can use screen protectors. I've never in the past as I'm very careful with my things and being an oldie don't subject them to too much. Anyway screen it may be. However I.get annoyed at having to put a protector over the glass. What next a protector over the protector. It all seems ludicrous but it is what it is
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Currently I'm using one from Ringke. Works well with the S Pen on my S24 Ultra. But I had the same on my S23 Ultra
As long as you do the preparation carefully. It goes on OK
I might try the Whitestone Dome film type one. Bit more expensive, but a friend of mine really recommended it
carguy143
Pathfinder
Options
The original Samsung screen protectors work really well, and are pretty cheap.
0 Likes
JD76
Explorer
Options
Thanks Carguy I'll check this out. When you think of it. You'd think a company that produces £1200 plus phones would throw a couple of screen protectors in the box. They've taken the plug, it's the least they could do. As I said I'm ultra cautious with my tech. Accidents happen I get it. But the smallest piece of debris scratches the screen on a 1200 quid device. There's something far wrong here. I think there should be a claim against Samsung as defective materials. Who knows if some screens are sub standard or not.
0 Likes
the_bart123
Pathfinder
Options
I own S23U for like 2 months now - ZERO micro scratches
0 Likes
JD76
Explorer
Options
As I said. Not a clue how it happened, and TBH, the first time this has happened in all the Samsung phones I've owned. Just bad luck, I think. My comments are pertaining to, regardless of how many generations of glass is evolving, we're no further forward to producing scratch proof glass. I understand the technicalities between weight, thinness, hardness, ability to shatter as opposed to withstanding drops, etc. I've certainly not seen many improvements since the S7..just MHO.
0 Likes