Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s23 ultra connection to macbook

(Topic created on: 29-07-2023 03:12 AM)
nicardo
First Poster
Options

Hello i got an Samsung S23 Ultra for about 3 months now and I've been trying to connect to my macbook to add the files and it won't connect in no way and i don't know what else to do 

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @nicardo 

I haven't connected my Samsung phone's to my MacBook Air force quite a while now but when I did I hooked up the phone using the data cable and used Android Transfer on my MacBook Air. 

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Merlins23ultra
Navigator
Options
Hi, I use Samsungs smart switch. Works for me on an imac. Good 🍀
0 Likes
arbi_autarkhanov
First Poster
Options

I KNOW THE ANSWER 😎 had this problem...the problem is in gdrive or other drives like google drive u have installed on your mac...just delete them and your mac will start seeing your s23 ultra

Members_ACFPs4U
First Poster
Options

Thans!!! Works for me. I closed dropbox app in Mac and it started work.

0 Likes
Dianebali
First Poster
Options

Hi there, thanks for sharing your insight. I don't have gdrive nor the dropbox app on my Macbook pro and still can"t connect my Samsung S23, what can i do..?

0 Likes
Dianebali
First Poster
Options

Hi there, Android File Transfer keeps bugging, can't open up my files with that. What else can i use? Just downloaded MobileTrans and Dex and that doesn't detect my phone either. Could it be the USB cable? When i bought the phone I got a charger cable that has a small connector on each side, so I need an older cable to usb my phone to the computer. I tried so many different cables though, and none work. Maybe i need to get a samsung origibal usb cable? what do you think?

0 Likes
kmaqsudi
First Poster
Options

This is exactly the problem!!!  Thank you for the suggestion.  Worked as soon as I quit Google Drive from running.  

Nikita Karelin
First Poster
Options

Man, you are awesome!! helped me to solve the issue that was bugging my brain for quite some time now!!! finally I have a solution that worked!! 

0 Likes
patrcia
Apprentice
Options

To connect the Samsung S23 Ultra to a MacBook for file transfer, you can use the MacDroid app (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macdroid-manager-for-android/id1476545828?mt=12) or alternative software like OpenMPT and Samsung Smart Switch. These tools make it easy to connect your devices and transfer files.

0 Likes