Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra blurry pics

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 05:55 PM)
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
Come on now samsung this is getting boring ,I have had my fair share of samsung phones now and yet again , low and behold in poor lighting the camera can not take a shot of a human or animal with any slight movement or its blurred .
It's taken so so long to get rid of that exynos but we are still stuck with this issue .

19 REPLIES 19
SGSGSGSG
Journeyman
Options

issue I've discovered. It's with the Astrography function in expert raw camera. Tried taking photos with this function and everything seem fine till I tried to upload to LR app. Basically it shows black photo that were taken using this astro mode in expert raw camera. But when goes into gallery, the photos looks normal. Just couldn't load into LR app for editing. Funny thing all other raw mode are working fine, ONLY astro mode with issue. Had arranged an appointment to the service centre tommorrow, will try to update. 

Frustrating....

0 Likes
Members_t8GVliz
First Poster
Options

Camera assistant didn't help. All images with my kid are bluried, I tried also burst mode, nothing...in low light/good light if the subject is moving a little the images are bluried.  I've tested pixel7 and the images are the best, the quality of the images is superior. I hate to say it...but I will return it and switch to pixel7. I'm expecting more from samsung when it comes to high end phones.

BN44
Pathfinder
Options

Any chance you guys have lens protectors on the laser focus? There's a couple of threads on here about the Spigen ones interfering with low light focus, and the ESR ones working without problems.

0 Likes
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
Nah I would never have them tbh, I've used them in the past and they just ruin the photos, can cause all kind of problems, I've been enjoying the camera a lot lately and got more used to it.
It's better than I thought although I still stand by what I say when it comes to any slight movement in low light.
0 Likes
Marcinh88
Student
Options

Bad light contidion is one, but it's also problematic if I would like to take photo quickly right after launching camera app. Sometimes we need to take photo quickly and those photos for me are always out of focus/blurry 

I moved from pixel 4a to s23 ultra, and Im disappointed with regards to out of focus/blurry pics. In the previous phone, I could open a camera, shoot a photo quickly, it took some time to process afterwards, but I get really good result speking of the focus. I've never complain.

In s23 ultra it's hardly impossible for me to open camera app and quickly make the photo it's always blurry/out of focus :(. When I wait 2/3 sec focusing on the subject, normally a photo looks ok

What I spot:
1. Exert raw - focus and colours are much better, but I takes few sec to even take the photo - no way to take a pic quickly

2. Maybe it's my imagination, but using a volume button as shutter instead of on screen shutter button helps sometimes

3. focusing for more than 3 sec on the subject also helps 

Do you think Samsung helps with updates? 90% of my photos are 'moved'/out of focus/blurried 

0 Likes
Marcinh88
Student
Options

No lens protectors for me. if I do not wait couple sec (best 3+sec) before taking a photo, it's always moved/out of focus/blurry.

0 Likes
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options

I ended up getting rid because of it in the end and on 14 pro max now, was hesitant because the s23 is a fun phone but it was the right choice for me, the camera is a lot more reliable for a point and shoot and tbh the lack of customisation argument is a bit invalid now, ios has changed a lot since them days.

Mindiec
First Poster
Options

Also have s23 ultra. Coming from p40 pro, motion blur indoors is just driving me crazy. Almost impossible to take photos of kids indoors. There are more issues: with filters scene optimizer does not work, hdr is really agresive or off, the noise indoors is just insane. Just try it yourself, take any picture indoors with a shadow in the corner of brigth wall and zoom by double taping. My galaxy s10 plus had less noise. Very disapoiting camera performance to the point of false advertising.

0 Likes
tsan1984
First Poster
Options

You are 100% correct. Same issue with S23 ultra and all Samsung phones. It’s pathetic. Both iPhone 14 Pro and Pixel 7 pro do a good job.

0 Likes
CapitaLMing
First Poster
Options

Its blurry !!! My son's brand new phone ,Samsung S23-ultra not even w weeks old , its blurry my A71 image are way sharper than those pics that Samsung S-23 took.

0 Likes